Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Sorry But I Still Dont Understand How To Remove Berger Panel

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k2 camaro
Im sorry dude, but I cant help but laugh..
I's cool, this is actually quite funny. I'm trying to imagine this guy changing his own oil or installing a CAI. Seriously man just chill and follow the advice of the guys here on this board. If you can't remove the rear panel then just give it up all hope of ever moding your car.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Regular

you guys dont need to give the guy such a hard time. The board is not about making fun of people cmon now. He's new to the fbody world and he's 17, so he could just as easily be new to the car world in general. He just doesn't want to ruin his carpet. I know how it can be at times when you are thinking it's what im supposed to do but it sounds like it's going to ruin my carpet or something. I had this kind of problem wiht my first firebird but trust me if the guys here tell ya you can go ahead and pull back the carpet then you can because they all know what they are doing.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with got v-8? Another suggestion would be to do a search for questions that you have before you post them. Alot of times you can find information faster because members will post the problems that they had and solutions for them. All you have to do is have a little patience and stay calm and you can learn an incredible amount of useful information here.

Joshua

As a side note...isn't there another member with the got v-8 name? Just curious.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by joshua32
I agree with got v-8? Another suggestion would be to do a search for questions that you have before you post them. Alot of times you can find information faster because members will post the problems that they had and solutions for them. All you have to do is have a little patience and stay calm and you can learn an incredible amount of useful information here.

Joshua

As a side note...isn't there another member with the got v-8 name? Just curious.

Very good point I have found the search button to be the most useful tool on this board in just the few days I have been here.

I'm not quite sure if there is another person with the same or close to same name as me. I saw it on a license plate and thought it was clever, but sorry if i stole someone's name, it was not intentional
Old 12-21-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I wasn't trying to suggest that you stole it...I saw that you didn't have that many posts and I could have sworn I have seen that name...more likely a similar name on here before. It is a nice name regardless and welcome to the forum...both you and Smokin 95 Z.

Joshua
Old 12-21-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the welcome and btw to the mods and admins so far I've found that this site is the most helpful site I've ever been on
Old 12-22-2005, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Smokn 95 Z
Mann....Im 17, just go the car 2 months ago...worked hard to get it and i just dont want to mess it up...thanks for the help, ill get it
Hey im 17 too, and I pulled my own panel off, and painted it. Ill give you a step by step on how to do it
1. Open the trunk hatch
2. Remove the spare tire cover on the passenger side of the car it's held on by 3 fasteners. (dont worry about removing the harness for the speakers, just set both panels up against your back seat, you'll still have pleanty of room)
3. Remove the drivers side cover, its held on by little plastic tabs.
4. Pull back the carpet, (theres nnoooo need to worry about anything) all you do is start at the top by the hinge that holds the hatch down, and work your way down, about halfway down theres gunna be a little black tab, just move the carpet around the tab enough to get it off. Then you continue pulling the carpet down.
5. Unscrew the 2 wingnuts that hold on the drivers side tail light, after you get the light out, remove the bulbs and set the whole thing to the side
6. Repeat above for the passengers side.
7. Next find the two 10mm nuts on the drivers side, remove them and set them on the side.
8. Repeat above for passengers side.
9. Now your panel should be ready to pull off, just grab where the tail lights used to be, (and if you did all this right, it should just "pop" out.

Next if your going to try and paint it, use http://projectcamaro.com/bergerpanel.htm

Good luck with your project, and if you still dont get how to take your panel off, I'll post up pics with the steps on how to do it. I hope this helps clear things up for you, cause taking off the rear panel is about most simple thing you can do to these cars. If you have anymore questions feel free to pm me or post them up.
Anthony

Last edited by OOZ28; 12-22-2005 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

This forum is definitely for helping people, however it's comical to hear the trouble this guy is having over something so simple. Get someone local to do it for you, bro.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

As everyone else is saying, it really isn't difficult. Pull back the carpet, you won't ruin it. Look for where the tail lights are hooked up with the wingnuts. Take them off. Then look for wherever else it is attached. That's all.

No need to get frustrated over something so simple.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

Yeah.. kinda like your V6 @ a stop light....
Old 12-22-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PewterY2KZ28

Old 12-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Launching!

thats how you learn, take **** appart....Are you also too affraid to change your oil?
Old 12-22-2005, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Smokn 95 Z, I see no need to write instructions, as almost everyone else has given them. I understand how you could be tentative. I've got an SLP SS grille that's been sitting around for a while, and no grille on my car, in part because I kind of like the look without a grille, but more so because I don't want to take a drill to a perfectly good bumper cover. Take your time, follow the instructions, get the panel off, do whatever you want to do to it, put it back on, and sit back, enjoy the work you've done, and laugh about how easy it was in retrospect.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PewterY2KZ28
Oh how did I know that someone was going to resort to the v6 thing. Wow I can't believe you are so cool to bash on 6's like that.. Because yet again some people cant take **** so they have to try to depend themselves and the only thing they can come up with is "v6".. Its really getting old when thats the only come back from the big high and mighty v8s.. So why don't you just give it up?

Quick Reply: Sorry But I Still Dont Understand How To Remove Berger Panel