Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Store bought Whistler Mod..Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In construction they are exactly the same as the OEM lights....they attach the same way, venteed the sam way... and ship with bulbs (or mine did)....The only difference was that one of the bayonets for the bulbs was plastic Vs metal like the OEM..

Installed and In person the diffrence in "How it looks" is very subtle...but it makes the twin headlights POP
Old 12-29-2005, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! Looks like they left the '****' off the lense.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:08 PM
12 Second Club

good find, ordered mine yesterday - and the corners....

I will miss those nipples though...lol
Old 12-29-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
Can you get anymore pics of these from the back of the lights themselves? Are all the brackets and hardware the exact same as stockers? Are the lenses the same as stock? Anything at all different? I'm not big on appearance mods but these lights are growing on me, but I don't want to buy a crappy product that you can tell is aftermarket.
If nothing else, do that part yourself. Its insanely easy. Just take your time cracking open the lense and taping off the reflective portion and you're set. You'll save yourself over $100 doing this yourself vs just buying new lights...

Altho if you do buy new lights, and your lenses are fine I'll buy 'em from ya for the same price as you're new lights That way I dont have to buy new lights, and I can do the Whistler mod myself (again. My lenses are FUBARED lol)
Old 12-30-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
If nothing else, do that part yourself. Its insanely easy. Just take your time cracking open the lense and taping off the reflective portion and you're set. You'll save yourself over $100 doing this yourself vs just buying new lights...

Altho if you do buy new lights, and your lenses are fine I'll buy 'em from ya for the same price as you're new lights That way I dont have to buy new lights, and I can do the Whistler mod myself (again. My lenses are FUBARED lol)
I don't have a problem popping off the lenses and painting them myself, but why bother if I can buy these and sell my lights for almost the same price? I've wet sanded 2 pairs of lights now and made them look like new, but if I got these they WOULD be new
Old 12-30-2005, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WayneSS01
Nice! Looks like they left the '****' off the lense.
No the **** are there..that is if teh **** arethe protruding "thingies" on the front of teh lense....
Old 12-30-2005, 11:23 AM
12 Second Club

Do the new lights come with the rubber surrounds or do you have to transfer them from the stock lights?
Old 12-30-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

Nice, that looks really good.

Dammit, just when I thought my to-do list was getting shorter.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

I really like these because they just blacked the outside edge of the chrome in the lights, they didn't go all the way in over the little "ribbed" area in the lights like a lot of people that do the Whister mod do (that sometimes makes the light look too dark).

I might have to invest in these or do the Whistler on my pewter Z now.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
I don't have a problem popping off the lenses and painting them myself, but why bother if I can buy these and sell my lights for almost the same price? I've wet sanded 2 pairs of lights now and made them look like new, but if I got these they WOULD be new
Well, I can understand that. But I was looking at it from a $ point of view. If your lights are like new, with the lense being 90-95% clear why spend $115-130+ vs $8 lol.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
Well, I can understand that. But I was looking at it from a $ point of view. If your lights are like new, with the lense being 90-95% clear why spend $115-130+ vs $8 lol.
Because I could sell mine for $125. Which means I could get brand new "factory" whistler headlights for $15.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:21 PM
12 Second Club

I'm gonna spend the money on them because I don't want to mess up my originals and I want to have the factory pieces to put back on the car should I ever decide to restore it back original years down the road.(Yes, I plan on keeping this car forever!)
Old 12-30-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GETGONE
I'm gonna spend the money on them because I don't want to mess up my originals and I want to have the factory pieces to put back on the car should I ever decide to restore it back original years down the road.(Yes, I plan on keeping this car forever!)
Thats a good answer.

And I dont fault anyone who wants to purchase these, being I do myself (or unless someone wants to sell their originals, then I'll do the Whistler mod to those).

But its a cheap and easy mod to do yourself.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GETGONE
Do the new lights come with the rubber surrounds or do you have to transfer them from the stock lights?
they come with the rubber around the perimeter.

Quick Reply: Store bought Whistler Mod..Pics