Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Thinking about getting these emblems... but a bit pricey

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 11:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FASTZ28
I am asking for nothing different than what you are doing with your SS emblems, just in the Z28 ones. I want your emblems with the stainless steel and a black or red painted inside of the emblem. I understand this is going to be more difficut to do than the all Stainless Z28 emblems, but if you can do it with the Super Sport (SS) emblems and the Z on the Z28 emblems why can you not do it on the entire Z28 emblem that you already produce. I am willing to pay a little more than what you charge for them if you are willing to do them, and I am sure there would also be more interest than just form me if they were done.
The problem of doing this is the structure of the frame - it will be weak. Attempting to polish such as weak frame can lead to mangling and damage that can not be repaired. When we do the "Z" section, it still has structural strength because it is such a small portion of the emblem - not the entire thing. The reason we can do the "S" is because it too is small, and there are no corners for our polishing tools to snag and destroy.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-05-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
also trying to get new emblems because the top of the Z broke off my fender emblem so it looks like I have a "less than 28"

hahahahaha thats pretty funny man. I'm glad I read your post, I definately will be going with these emblems. I have a Pewter car, and am going to talk to them also about black/red instead of silver/red.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting these emblems... but a bit pricey