Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: What one looks the best?
Camaro
50.00%
Mustang
2.19%
Challenger
47.81%
Voters: 502. You may not vote on this poll

Camaro,Mustang, and Challenger?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Trans
That Camaro is GAY
challenger. period.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

the camaro looks mean i love it
Old 01-23-2006, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

i voted for the camaro. i really like the looks of the challengers though, it was a close 2nd. ford finally diesgned a mustang that is not ugly. i am just imagining the camaro in blue or black.

dustin
Old 01-23-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

1. Challenger
2. Camaro
3. Shelby stang.
Challenger is spot on, and they may very well make only one generation, but I am sure they wont mind if that generation lasts for 5-6 years..money in their pocket.
I like the Camaro as well. I am not too concerned with the nose on it, the aftermarket will handle that..but I am not crazy about the rear, or the side mirrors. The mutang is fine, just like the other 2 better.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its close between the Camaro and the Challenger. The Challenger seems to be a little too retro for me, i think that the retro thing will wear out fast, and it seems with the design of the Camaro thats been taken into consideration
Old 01-23-2006, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meissenation
Camaro by far. The challenger is TOO retro, it's identical to the old style, it's just lame to make an entirely new vehicle be 100% identical to the old car. The Camaro pulled off retro cues from most, if not all, of the generations and still looks modern and sleek. The Mustang just looks weird, and not surprised it hasn't even gotten one vote yet lol.
thank you!!!!!!! you took my words!!! the camaro is not supposed to be exactly like the 67 68 camaro, we're in 2006. some resemblance is nice but nothing exactly alike. the challenger just looks stupid because its so much alike the old one. i can already hear people, especially all the old farts complaining about the camaro and complimenting the challenger. if you dont want anything that looks inovative and modern, then buy yourself a damn 1960or 70's challenger or a 1960 or 70's camaro and shut your mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSideExhLS1
thank you!!!!!!! you took my words!!! the camaro is not supposed to be exactly like the 67 68 camaro, we're in 2006. some resemblance is nice but nothing exactly alike. the challenger just looks stupid because its so much alike the old one. i can already hear people, especially all the old farts complaining about the camaro and complimenting the challenger. if you dont want anything that looks inovative and modern, then buy yourself a damn 1960or 70's challenger or a 1960 or 70's camaro and shut your mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you got it. some people like innovation in their ride.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:24 AM
TECH Addict

My order:

Challenger
Camaro
Mustang
Old 01-25-2006, 01:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would have to go with the Challenger first, followed by the Camaro, The Stang is a distant third, But in truth I wouldn't mind owning any/all of 'em
Old 01-25-2006, 01:39 AM
Staging Lane

mustangs are everywhere i cant even believe at how many of those chumpstangs i see everywhere. anyway the camaro is really nice but i pick the challenger because it is most likely the closest to production will come with 425 hp and a 6 spd tranny. Most likely the camaro will probably look a lil different which might not end up to be bad at all. but only time will tell. so for now the challenger for me. and that rearend looks badass i think u guys are trippin.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Teching In

The only reason I bought my first 4th Gen Camaro (I have since had 3 more) is because Dodge didn't make decent cars in the 90's. I would say challenger by a mile. The Camaro could use a slight toning down and some more throwback stuff like an SS or RS stripe / performance package.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well… I'd say it's close between the Camaro and the Challenger but, the Camaro definitely wins. I like it a lot. Of course, I realize that when these cars actually make it to production they'll look much different. I guess being a creative professional it's a little easier for me than the average person to be able to envision where they're actually going with these designs. Doesn't anyone remember the "California Camaro" (the original concept for the 4th Gens)? Although they retained some basic styling cues, the 4th Gens look nothing like that. The same thing will happen with the 5th Gen. The new Camaro Concept is exactly what it says… a "concept" and nothing more. Just an idea of what it might look like.

Having said all of that, I still think it looks badass.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AnimalSS
Well… I'd say it's close between the Camaro and the Challenger but, the Camaro definitely wins. I like it a lot. Of course, I realize that when these cars actually make it to production they'll look much different. I guess being a creative professional it's a little easier for me than the average person to be able to envision where they're actually going with these designs. Doesn't anyone remember the "California Camaro" (the original concept for the 4th Gens)? Although they retained some basic styling cues, the 4th Gens look nothing like that. The same thing will happen with the 5th Gen. The new Camaro Concept is exactly what it says… a "concept" and nothing more. Just an idea of what it might look like.

Having said all of that, I still think it looks badass.
it's been said multiple times by Scott, Bob Lutz, and gumbydammit, a member of the design team.. it's been said, or at least inferred by them that if the car makes production, it will look very similar to the concept, in line with how much the SSR and Solstice look like their original concept versions..

it is my understanding that Bob Lutz made many calls on different design aspects, in order to keep the concept production worthy without messing with the design
Old 01-28-2006, 02:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think that the Camaro belongs compared to the others. It is a concept car, do you guys remember the Lambo looking Challenger concept they made years ago. Then they came out with a rebagded Chrysler .

The Mustang Cobra is a real car that is going to be sold like that (I think it needs the GT headlamps though, that is what makes it look serious to me).

The Charger I don't know if it is a production car or not. Otherwise I hate the hood and the car doesn't really score in my book. It looks too redneckish (nothing wrong with that) but I don't want to pay 42k to drive a heavy @ss TV show comeback.

I have to say the Cobra Mustang wins.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

My wife look at them and just couldn't decide which one looked less stupid (or ugly).

She doesn't like the bulgely Camaro, she loves the sleek look and that one doesn't have it.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

I love f-bodys... but I really don't like that camaro. But the challenger is sexy.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll always be a GM guy but the challenger to me looks wicked! Camaro takes a close second place. Only the future knows what I'll buy in the future. What ever it is I can't wait.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Teching In

I would have to say it's a photo finish between the Camaro/Challenger. I'm speaking for the older 30's + age group, and I like it. They have the reto thing going on, but hey..... I think all of them do these days. The only way I would pay the money for one is they put an a@#-whipping 450 + horse enging in it, and have a supercharged SS version. I think the supercharged SS idea would take off; thats my humble opinion. It would be nice for them to come above 400 Horses from the factory. As a consumner, the last thing I would like to do is pay a sh*% ton of money for one, and then have to spend more money on getting more bang for the buck out of it. I say GM needs to just offer a Camaro (SS) that comes out off the factory floor spanking.... my humble opinion.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

1. Camaro
T1. Challenger
Last. Mustang
Old 02-02-2006, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It was really close between the Camaro and the Challenger

Quick Reply: Camaro,Mustang, and Challenger?