Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Looking For Aftermarket Seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another option not to be forgotten is the kirkeys. Aluminum bucket non reclinable seats with different levels of lateral support. They're way affordable and weigh anywhere from 10-16lbs. That's the route I'm choosing to go with for now.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seats

I myself have sparco pista seats similar to a pro 2000 and i love them in my car, all i did for brackets was TIG welded some small brackets onto my stock sliders and bolted them on, they are not a reclinable seat but when i welded them i set it up so both seats are two inches back, i'm 6'8'' and 250 punds and i feel very comfy in the car now, better than before, IMO if you get non-reclinable seats and set them to the perfect position and angle, they are wicked comfy, even if the seat itself is a tight fit
Old 01-26-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Ive also been looking at these guys..
http://www.arizenracingsports.com/pa...ts/ArizenBlk-D

They seem really well built and have some features that I havent seen on other seats..and custom colors are avaliable.....I think Im sold on these guy's...

Seat Features:

Black Leather perimeter with black perforated leather inserts
Fully Reclinable and Flips Forward
Quick-Release Seat Forward Lever
Adjustable Lumbar Support
Easy to Reupholster or Customize
Heated Seat Option
Dual Locking Sliders

Complete Custom Interior Packages with
Matching Rear Seating Avaliable

PS.

I left a message withthem to check if they were still in business..and got a call back from Mike sounded like the owner..really nice guy and was really responsive to my questions....

Last edited by BitViper; 01-26-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

found a shot of them in an LS1
Old 03-23-2006, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

BitViper, did you end up getting those seats? I was looking for something like that, with more side bolstering, and heated seats, that I can recover in white leather (my SS has factory white leather), with an SS embroidered on the headrest.

I'm also wondering what it would take to convert that to mount up on our power seat tracks, so as not to lose the convenience of the power seats.

Tom
Old 03-23-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Now that most of the snow is gone, I went to my parents property and pulled the Corbeau A4 I had in my last car. Keep in mind this is the FOURTH car I have had that seat in, so its pretty faded. The only problem I have is you sit higher than the stock seat (I am 6-1) and I could use some more headroom. I'm not hitting my head or anything but I would just rather sit at worst as high as the stock seat was. Any cures for this??

Old 03-24-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Potent68
BitViper, did you end up getting those seats? I was looking for something like that, with more side bolstering, and heated seats, that I can recover in white leather (my SS has factory white leather), with an SS embroidered on the headrest.

I'm also wondering what it would take to convert that to mount up on our power seat tracks, so as not to lose the convenience of the power seats.

Tom
No not yet....but Im thinking of trying to kwork a deal so that I can check them out abd If I dont like them return it and get a refund....they're and east coast company and Im in "Sandy Ego"....

As for mounting Iv got a thread from last month wher I showed how jsomeoe mounted them to a mustang set of rails..and from the way they did it it woud work on our cars as well...

check here
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....34&postcount=5
Old 03-24-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to add, I bought tenzo R seats for my Probe when I had it because my stock seats were teh lose. Worst purchase I ever made... besides the 03 mustang gt.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DO IT ! I want to sit in them and decide if I want them !
Old 03-26-2006, 01:20 AM
Banned

I wonder if he could tell you of any customers on the West Coast that would mind showing the seats off?
Old 03-26-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
I wonder if he could tell you of any customers on the West Coast that would mind showing the seats off?
Ive got an email lout to him right now asking that very question..and for some specific measurments....

Im realy thinking of buying a set coverd to match my stock interior..netural..so it would look stock OR a set of CR1's and doing the same thing..but the CR1's are 800 bucks then Im guessing having them re-covered would prolly be another 800 bucks
Old 03-26-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice looking seats.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BitViper
..I actually had a chance to sit in an APC seat...it was pretty damm comfortable..they get a bad rap for being cheap..but if you reallly look at all teh seats out there..you start seing the same seat all the time..Im starting to believe that ther are a few Mfgs and every one "Brands" the seat theirs..kinda like flat scren TV's and CD players....only a few Mfgs but lots of diffrent brands..
I have a pair of APC seats I just finished installing in my car. I had a buddy look them over before I installed them. He's got Recaro's in his current Mustang, but has had several types of seats in the past in other cars. He said they looked and felt fine. My impression? I think the foam and frame is built well, but not too sure on the quality of material used to cover the seats. That is the ONLY thing I can complain about. We'll see over time how it holds up. I used the stock frame sliders instead of the ones that came with the seats.

Functionally, I'd rather have a lever for reclining instead of the crank ****, but otherwise I'm happy and they look good in the car.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think I'm going to steal the stock seats out of my sister's Acura RSX. Very comfy and supportive through the corners.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...QQcmdZViewItem

EDIT: You can pick up a used set from a wrecked car for fairly cheap, and they're a lot better quality than what you would get for $200 to $500 for aftermarket seats.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:48 AM
Banned

I just posted this in the other seat thread:

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Or if you are REALLY on a budget but like the look of the Arizens...

www.shophyperformance.com/store/001302.html

$370 for the pair!!!

Crap load of color options and seats here:

www.shophyperformance.com/store/scan/fi=products/st=db/co=yes/sf=category/se=racing_seats/sf=prod_group/se=Seats/va=banner_image=/va=banner_text=Racing%20Seats.html

The Arizens have much more adjustablity though... I think they would be the best bang for the buck and driveability !

Last edited by LawmanSS; 05-16-2006 at 10:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking For Aftermarket Seats