Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tan to black mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tan to black mod

Well I have a ugly *** tan int right? Well I wanna go with something cool... The only good color i've ever seen in the f-bodies was the ebony and white combo, IMHO that is. I see that a lot of my int is already close to ebony, but not really black...

Would it look totaly queer if I put in a black headliner and carpet???

Can I dye my carpet black? Will it last?

If so, how many peices is the carpet in? How is it held down?

If not how much does a new carpet cost?

Should I sand down my sail panals before painting them? I want this to look factory, so I think I want the factory texture to the parts, as to not make them too bright and rice-like...
Old 01-28-2006, 04:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to the Tennesse Auto's website. They sell used interiors (I got a black interior there) from wrecked cars. They may take a bit to find the stuff but it can save you some cash on it.

Don't sand the panels (I did hence the new interior) unless you are a pro at it.

The carpet is in one BIG piece. It is held down buy the stuff in the car (seats, plastic trim around the doors, etc).

The dye would look like utter crap, the carpet is to large to get enough dye into and to soak it. It would be better to buy a new one, but then it would be just a really dark gray if you got the ebony one.

The plastic does not paint very well, also when it gets hot the car will smell like fumes badly.

The trim on the dash paints well though, the fumes with the heater vents took FOREVER to stop smelling.

Don't touch the vinyl dash it will not hold paint. The floppy sail panels are to flexibe and floppy the vibrate enough when drive to sloff the paint off.

Quick Reply: Tan to black mod