Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

FL Photos. New Rims, GS Stripes, CETA Bumper, and Blackouts. (56k=Death)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 08:57 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

The car looks great! The only thing I'd change is removing the GS stripes. They look okay on Corvettes, sometimes Camaros, but have nothing to do with Pontiac heritage. The car would look cleaner without them, just my opinion.

You did a great job on the VHT job, it looks factory!
Old 02-02-2006, 08:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the compliments

Sorry for the delayed response...

I used VHT Nite Shades on all the blacked out lights and some reg spray clear coat. Great stuff!

I def want to lower the ride, but im going to have to wait until I move back down to FL. The roads here in NJ are just too much for a drop. That and my wallet needs a break . I was thinkin some new bilsteins or koni sa's with adj ground control coil overs. I may just go bilstein and save the dough, i can live without a perfect ride .

I personally like the stripes, I have one side with, and one without, and I think they really set off the car. Although... im going to photoshop them in the reverse direction to see how they look, maybe be a little creative with em, and if I like it, ill just throw em on that way.

And I really want to remove the side molding, but im afraid the paint underneath wont match, or ill take up some clear coat. So I may hold off...

Im gonna try to make a few desktops from a few of those photos, so ill post em up when theyre done. Thanks again everyone.

EDIT: By the way, the wheels are Factory Reproductions C6 Machineface Motorsports from Tomz Wheels. I had a buddy I know paint the face and paint the bird, he's talented as hell, I'm VERY happy with them. And Tomz Wheels was very affordable.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow i love those picture, your car loks sweet. Nice Job
Old 02-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Teching In

car looks sick...def. lower it and it would look sick....ever considered the ws6 hood? looks really good. where did u get those rims from?
Old 02-02-2006, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

The car looks great. I have a pewter Hawk and want to do the CETA panel also, what color did you do yours. You also cleared over the VHT?
Old 02-03-2006, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks

I got the rims from Tomz Wheels theyre a sponsor on here (tomzwheels.com)

I did the rear panel satin black, its an oem black for most cars, rattle can stuff. I'll probably have it done gloss black down the road tho to match my blackouts. And yes I cleared over the VHT, the first coat looked like crap and I thought I made a big mistake, but a few more coats brought the shine back.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pics!

Quick Reply: FL Photos. New Rims, GS Stripes, CETA Bumper, and Blackouts. (56k=Death)