Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trans Am vents and Ram Air intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Am vents and Ram Air intake

Here is what I'm looking for:

I've looked through some of the sponsors' websites and couldn't find these anywhere. The above vents are bit pricey ($120 for a complete set). Is there another place where I can find these?

Thanks
Old 02-08-2006, 11:05 PM
FormerVendor

Stainless steel is better, but it costs more. The benefit is that it will last forever - those above will not. They call them "acrylic". I call them what they are, "plastic". Have you ever seen an old headlight turn yellow, and look to decompose under the sun? That is exactly what the "acrylic" will do in short time, and your money will have been thrown straight into the trash.

Stainless also looks much nicer than these in person. Ask anyone who has seen both - it is no comparison. Stainless steel is the best. Why pay thousands of dollars on a nice car just to turn around and put cheapo knockoff parts on it? I made these out of stainless first, and the guy who makes the ones above decided to try and make them out of plastic to undercut me, but he did not accomplish that.

Buy the quality part and you'll thank yourself later.

Check eBay. My user ID is "muffinbuster". If you do some research, I know you'll do the right thing.

(PS, the reason these cost so much is because they take a lot of money and time to make. I am charged $100/hour for laser time on a $500,000+ laser. Every pierce of the metal takes time, and has a delay between pierces - as you can see, there are a lot of holes. Then, the pieces need to be transported, sanded, deburred, polished, washed, finally cleaning, packaged and then shipped out. These do take a lot of work, but my prices are the best around when it comes to stainless emblems, and you'll find no cheaper, higher quality polished or better grade stainless anywhere.)

Old 02-09-2006, 02:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
Stainless steel is better, but it costs more. The benefit is that it will last forever - those above will not. They call them "acrylic". I call them what they are, "plastic". Have you ever seen an old headlight turn yellow, and look to decompose under the sun? That is exactly what the "acrylic" will do in short time, and your money will have been thrown straight into the trash.

Stainless also looks much nicer than these in person. Ask anyone who has seen both - it is no comparison. Stainless steel is the best. Why pay thousands of dollars on a nice car just to turn around and put cheapo knockoff parts on it? I made these out of stainless first, and the guy who makes the ones above decided to try and make them out of plastic to undercut me, but he did not accomplish that.

Buy the quality part and you'll thank yourself later.

Check eBay. My user ID is "muffinbuster". If you do some research, I know you'll do the right thing.

(PS, the reason these cost so much is because they take a lot of money and time to make. I am charged $100/hour for laser time on a $500,000+ laser. Every pierce of the metal takes time, and has a delay between pierces - as you can see, there are a lot of holes. Then, the pieces need to be transported, sanded, deburred, polished, washed, finally cleaning, packaged and then shipped out. These do take a lot of work, but my prices are the best around when it comes to stainless emblems, and you'll find no cheaper, higher quality polished or better grade stainless anywhere.)

I bought two things from you. I would have bought the firebird for the front of my car if you made it.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

You wouldn't by chance have a pic of your vent extractors and/or hood grills on a pewter WS6? I've done some searching and I only seem to find them on black, red, NBM, etc. Since my car is pewter, I'm worried that they won't be very noticeable.

Thanks

PS: Your products are awesome!
Old 02-09-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone make these for the LT1 Ram Air Hood?
Old 02-09-2006, 11:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
Does anyone make these for the LT1 Ram Air Hood?
Yep, I do.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

Good stuff, and they look awesome on the LT1 cars as well.

Quick Reply: Trans Am vents and Ram Air intake