Sponsored by: DashLynx

Customizing Trim

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 12:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Customizing Trim

Hello Everyone

I want to do something with the trim on the bottom of the front windshield. I was curious if anyone has done anything to it (post pics plz) or have an ideas.

I was thinking of either painting it black or trying to wrap it with carbon fiber.

It's such a pain to keep this part looking good....I clean and detail and put stuff on it....but it inevitably fades and gets dirty....I was thinking of something better for shows.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Regular

Anybody?
Old 02-23-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine is already black...
Old 02-23-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Regular

i will be painting mine black to match the car.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:45 AM
TECH Regular

Stryker,

You have the most bad A$$ paint!!! I love your work...it's an honor to have you post here.

When are you painting yours? Can I get some pics when you do? If it turns out well....I may like to have you paint mine.

Originally Posted by stryker14
i will be painting mine black to match the car.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:02 AM
TECH Addict

Only problem I ever have is if I get polishing compound on it - hard as hell to get it off due to the texture of the plastic

I use a product called 'Back to Black' which is used to refresh the look of any black plastic trim on a car - works wonders. You can get it at any auto parts store. It's not something you have to keep applying either like ArmorAll. Once I apply it - it looks good until the next time I mess it up!

-Jay-
Old 02-24-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mrws6speed
Stryker,

You have the most bad A$$ paint!!! I love your work...it's an honor to have you post here.

When are you painting yours? Can I get some pics when you do? If it turns out well....I may like to have you paint mine.
Thanks man. I will probably be painting it within the next couple of weeks when I can find time to paint my own stuff. I will be sure to post some pics and my process on the forum when I finish it up.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

I used some stuff on mine from Topi-Care. It's for tires but it lasts a really long time. I went several months without having to touch it. Just have to make sure to clean it really well before applying
Old 02-25-2006, 01:36 AM
TECH Regular

I use Back to Black on my 3rd gen cars all the time. The stuff works great. I agree about getting polish on it. I also live in a hot, dry, dusty climate...which doesn't help. I'm just looking for something sharp.....but also easier to maintain.

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6
Only problem I ever have is if I get polishing compound on it - hard as hell to get it off due to the texture of the plastic

I use a product called 'Back to Black' which is used to refresh the look of any black plastic trim on a car - works wonders. You can get it at any auto parts store. It's not something you have to keep applying either like ArmorAll. Once I apply it - it looks good until the next time I mess it up!

-Jay-
Old 02-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Launching!

sind it down and paint it to make it look gollsy to match the car. don't use spray paint! if you don't know how to pain't this material then take it to someone who does because it looks sick when it matches the color and texture to the car
Old 02-25-2006, 11:37 PM
Launching!

I must be doing it wrong because I can't my Back-to-Black to do anything. I tried it on the plastic around the t-tops, and it just goes back to looking brown and ugly.

Quick Reply: Customizing Trim