Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ground Effects on a TA

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Ground Effects on a TA

This may sound silly to some but would a ground effect kit off of a 98-02 firebird look good on a 98-02 TA, and if so where can I get the kit, or would it even fit. The wings west kit is a little over done on some TA's I've seen. I only want the front lip and side skirts- no spoiler, already have the WS.6!!! Also can you post any pics of any kits what so ever, whether the car is lowered, rims, etc. THANKS
Old 02-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the factory ground effects are one of those things that you either really like or you really hate it. From what I've read is that there aren't many people in the middle. I personally don't like them, they add a sort of "ricer" effect to the car in my opinion. It's your car though, do as you please. I'm sure if you wanted to get it there would be someone on this board selling the kit. I think lowering the car would look better than adding the kit.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dude add the kit. Ground effects look really nice, but not a lot of people on here like them. The ground effects adds a lot to the overall appearance of the car. The only people who should have something bad to say about ground effect are the people who had them on their cars and know the ups and downs of them. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 02-26-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GotV-8
Your ride is sick- I've checked you on car domain before too!! Does your kit scrape at all? And what springs are you running- I didnt check before posting this? And Headers and ORY- do they scrape too. Obviously you have to watch for speed bumps- duh!!! Thanks for the help folks!!
Old 02-26-2006, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

I've always admired Got V-8's car. Nice and clean cut T/A .
Old 02-26-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

The ground effects from the firebirds will not fit the trans am. I think your only choice is wings west for the trans am kit. But I know for a fact that the stock gm gfx will not fit T/A.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EvilBLK02TA
Your ride is sick- I've checked you on car domain before too!! Does your kit scrape at all? And what springs are you running- I didnt check before posting this? And Headers and ORY- do they scrape too. Obviously you have to watch for speed bumps- duh!!! Thanks for the help folks!!
Thanks to you and redrider, Im running KYB gas shocks and Ground Control springs/coilovers, I have SLP LT headers and they hang lower than any other headers. I have no problems with the groundeffects hitting the ground and I hardly have any trouble with my headers, but if they do hit its just a little bit of a touch. I have had them for a few years now and have had no real problems with them at all. Very happy with the gfx also.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GotV-8
Thanks to you and redrider, Im running KYB gas shocks and Ground Control springs/coilovers, I have SLP LT headers and they hang lower than any other headers. I have no problems with the groundeffects hitting the ground and I hardly have any trouble with my headers, but if they do hit its just a little bit of a touch. I have had them for a few years now and have had no real problems with them at all. Very happy with the gfx also.
Awesome, now my next question to you is...how much did you pay for the kit, and how much was paint and installation?? I have a black 2002 TA but have my money tied up in headers, hotchkis springs and new head unit for my system. Just curious as to how much I need to save up!! Thanks man!!
Old 02-26-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

type "trans am body kit" into google. cheapest site i found was $600 shipped for the full kit
Old 02-26-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^^ Make sure they have them in-stock. from what I remeber when I bought my kit was that wings west was out business and the sites which I tried to order from didn't have any.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by titus2669
^^^ Make sure they have them in-stock. from what I remeber when I bought my kit was that wings west was out business and the sites which I tried to order from didn't have any.

i noticed on your website you have a few carbon fiber f-body pieces, if you made a replica of the kit on your car in fiberglass you would have the market cornered. id buy one
Old 02-26-2006, 11:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen the front pieces of the firebird w68 ground effects on a t/a, but it looked ugly IMO