Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Post pics of CME setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little off topic, but alot of you with CME have GMMG, is that just by preference or some option that I don't know about.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

The shop that did mine used a flexible plastic repair compound. They weren't kidding either as they bent the bumper cover back and forth while I was standing there with no problems.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dserby1
I just took my car in to get another estimate on getting the CME blended...$1200 with absolutely no guarantee that it won't crack the minute I drive it out of the shop. Does anyone out there with blended CME know which products were used on theirs? If so, how durable is it? Thanks in advance

i think i posted earlier how they did it...

it was riveted on about every 3" (i think, cant remember), and had 3 different types of fillers used, 2 were an adhesive type body filler, and the lat was a normal filler, then primered and painted. the paint should have some kind of flex additive in it too, not a must but if you accidentally bump something backing into a garage or somethin the paints not going to crack....sorry, its beena few months and i cant remember exactly.i payed ~$400 though, so i'd find a new bodyshop (oh, and mine's warrantied)
Old 05-27-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BigRedZag
The shop that did mine used a flexible plastic repair compound. They weren't kidding either as they bent the bumper cover back and forth while I was standing there with no problems.

werd...only i tested it...its def part of the body now. if i wanted to go back to stock the whole bumper would have to go
Old 05-27-2006, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ninety9ta
A little off topic, but alot of you with CME have GMMG, is that just by preference or some option that I don't know about.

it's somethin guys are just getting done custom; you cant get it like that ready for CME from GMMG
Old 05-30-2006, 05:21 PM
Teching In

i cant find the cme set-up anywhere. slp has the valance but no tips. i just bought my ss, and it was a prior salvage. well come to find out, slp added the center mount exhaust, but it wasnt on there. anybody have any info on where i can get the tips? thanks in advance
Old 06-21-2006, 11:02 PM
317indy

you are SOL! Sorry I have my valance up for sale now
Old 06-22-2006, 02:44 AM
TECH Addict

I'll post up pics of mine as soon as I get it painted and on the car.

It will be on the car with the Z28 spoiler at first, then I'm switching to an SS spoiler. Might have the tips finished in a clear powdercoat as well.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Teching In

For those that have CME w/ an aftermarket cat back...is there any issues or modifications required for this, or will it just bolt right up? I have the stock CME with a GMMG in my garage waiting to be installed.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PJ234
For those that have CME w/ an aftermarket cat back...is there any issues or modifications required for this, or will it just bolt right up? I have the stock CME with a GMMG in my garage waiting to be installed.

Thanks
I have SLP Dual/Dual and I believe it is the only catback that won't require a bit of modification, since it's the system that originally came with the CME. GMMG will require a bit, so just take it to an exhaust shop to have it done. All they'll have to do is figure out where to chop the tailpipes so that the 90-degree bends will fit on correctly at a decent angle to mate into the tip at the right spot. Then some welding/clamping and you're done!

Here's some pics. Show these to an exhaust shop and hand them your parts and they should know exactly what to do.

Old 06-22-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

so where can you get the tips at now..i cant seem to find any, anywhere...someone help!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a couple of my CME and Gmmg setup.
Attached Thumbnails Post pics of CME setup-pic00030.jpg   Post pics of CME setup-pic00031.jpg   Post pics of CME setup-pic00074.jpg  

Quick Reply: Post pics of CME setup