Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Heritage T/A body kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that car is sex on wheels! That's one of the VERY FEW f-bodies I'd trade my Firehawk for. Well... I'll never trade, but I'd pay good money to have that Heritage for sure.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

The heritage kit is definitely unique. It definitely belongs on a car built for the drag strip. I still love my WW kit though .
Old 03-26-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Regular

Thumbs down Silver02, maybe you should have bought a v6er

I don't care what's under the hood if the car looks riced out
(honda owners, read above)

The breathless lights were on the t/a with the e1 bumper which is almost the same as the heritage www.firebirdevolution.net/BODYKIT.html - while i was putting in my 2 cents i figured i'd degrade those overpriced eyesores.

Granted, they tried something diff which is always good, but I say you can't beat the original.
And if you think the firebird bumper flows better with the lines than the T/a's: then that's what you should have bought.
If you want to change the look of my car, which is already perfect IMO, then i'm going to be a critical dick about it.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TryingT/A

The breathless lights were on the t/a with the e1 bumper which is almost the same as the heritage www.firebirdevolution.net/BODYKIT.html - while i was putting in my 2 cents i figured i'd degrade those overpriced eyesores.

Granted, they tried something diff which is always good, but I say you can't beat the original.
And if you think the firebird bumper flows better with the lines than the T/a's: then that's what you should have bought.
If you want to change the look of my car, which is already perfect IMO, then i'm going to be a critical dick about it.
idiot of the month award.

congrats, tool.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silver02TA

Why can't aftermarket ground effect companies make something tasteful and stylish like that?
Old 03-26-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Silver02, maybe you should have bought a v6er

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, you got the dick part right anyway. If you actually read the thread I asked if anyone had any info about where to get a kit or info. I don't really care whether or not you like it. If you had simply said "yuck" that would be fine but, instead I have to wade through your diatribe about how every detail sucks.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TryingT/A
thanks for posting a link to the pic. It looks like a mexicaned out firebird (notice the back bumper, smells like original v6) The front bumper looks like an e1 with a wings west air dam.

The louvers look like bondo's hood scoops

they tried to make a viper spoier but failed

and those breathless performance headlights are a joke

And it's an a4

You say heritage, i say v6 firebird with an ls1 swap

Louvers? do you mean the side vents? What do you think the car that the Heritage Trans Am was based off of had?

Are you seeing a resemblance on the front bumper and the air dam yet? Granted the E1 front clip isnt exactly the same as the Heritage trans am but unless you dish out the cash to go full out custom its the best you're gonna get.

Viper spoiler? Try a 70s Trans Am spoiler. Maybe do a bit of research. The guys that built the car actually took the time out to make sure that the new spoiler had the exact rake as the old ones did. Im gonna say its safe to say if anything the viper spoiler is a knock off of the Trans Am's.

As stated before, headlights are stock. IMHO stock headlights arent rice.

Maybe you didnt know what a 70's style trans am looked like, but I'd say the new version holds up the Heritage just fine.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dementia
Maybe you didnt know what a 70's style trans am looked like, but I'd say the new version holds up the Heritage just fine.
agreed, i dont think that will register with the 15 year old however
Old 03-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Banned

dementia- you hammered the point home perfectly.

Last edited by FIREHAWK#608; 03-26-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

wow, that looks awesome.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Heritage Trans Am kicks ***!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bob320fa
Does anyone know anything about a possible kit? Or, not knowing one damn thing about fabrication, is it feasible to have made? I'm willing to invest a fair amount of cash to do it but, I don't have the budget GM had.
I don't think it'd be to terribly hard to fabricate a custom nose and side skirts, and I'm sure you could do it out of fiberglass. Fiberglass and urethane don't mix very well, so you would have to take the stock front bumper and do some cutting, fiberglass, and bondo on it until you get to the Heritage design, and then use it to make a mold to make a new bumper out of fiberglass. You'll also have to make some custom side skirts to replicate that grooved look along the doors, and after a side vents, a custom hood, and spoiler (should be fairly easy compared to making the skirts and front end) you'll be well on your way. Grab yourself the book "Fiberglass & Composite Materials: An Enthusiast's Guide" and read it. It's a good book regarding general fiberglass and composite techniques, mold making, etc.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

If that kit was available I would actually buy a 4th gen. Granted, the 98-02's look pretty damn good (especially with the Raptor hood : but I like to be "different". Besides, I'm biased... I drive a '73.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does anyone know if that shaker is funtional or just for show?
Old 03-27-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Junkie

having seen that car in person, the pics don't do it justice. that car is awesome. i love everything about it(except for the smurf interior, everything is blue). and if i saw right, the shaker scoop isn't functional, it just attaches to the engine and retains the factory style intake setup
Old 03-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Banned

I would be willing to make one like that if there were enough buyers and enough people to do a buyin on them so this way cost is way down and not just one person would have the burden of the plug cost. This bumper is very feasable
Old 03-27-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would seriously but a Heritage kit if it was made. So if one was thinking of making the kit, so far all that is required is: Custom hood with mounting hardware for the scoop, modified E1 Bumper or a custom bumper, custom front panels, maybe a add on piece for the rear panels, and custom wing or take the hatch from a camaro. Sounds about right?
Old 03-27-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KLRWS6
I would be willing to make one like that if there were enough buyers and enough people to do a buyin on them so this way cost is way down and not just one person would have the burden of the plug cost. This bumper is very feasable

Hmmmm.....just as a ball park figure what are talking price wise? Also, for fabbing what parts? Just the bumper?
Old 03-27-2006, 07:09 PM
TECH Junkie

for the spoiler, i think a T/A hatch would be the way to go, and just take off the stock wing. the camaro hatch is different slightly. for the side vents, ones straight off a 70s won't work for the size. the heritage ones are copyng the design, but are larger to go with the 4th gen shape. i think the cowl hood and cowl setup would be the best place to start. you could use a stock firebird hood, but you would need to fab up a cowl setup. it could clip to the fuel rails possibly if its light enough.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Banned

The bumper would be the most expensive. From what i can tell from all the pics the rear bumper is a stock firebird bumper and there are no side skirts just and added piece on the quarter panel and a heat extractor on the fender. Those 2 pieces would be very easy to make. The only question would be do people want a type of side skirt with that look or do they want just that added piece to place in front of the rear tire. As far as the spoiler, it would not take much to make. The only problem with the spoiler is if anyone wanted to put that spoiler on they would have to fill in the bolt holes from the raised spoiler( if they wanted a clean look) but if you were to do that you could never put the high rise spoiler back on. As far as price, let me see what i can come up with. Thanks

Quick Reply: Heritage T/A body kit