Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HOOD MIRRORS - any interest???

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation HOOD MIRRORS - any interest???

Okay guys, I have some new products on the horizon. I am currently developing under-hood mirrors for F-body cars and soon Corvettes as well.

Q and A time:

Q: Why should you buy mine and not the others???
A: Mine are not made from cheap acrylic mirror - I call them cheap plastic Stainless steel > acrylic any day of the week.

Q: What are yours going to be made from?
A: Ahhh, the question on everyone's mind. My under-hood mirrors will be made from 18GA, 304 stainless steel. This is lighter than the 16GA I currently use to make emblems, and more flexible, so it will nicely hug the hood contours Don't worry about the weight - I will pre-apply more than enough 3M tape to do the job

Q: Stainless steel??? I thought you said mirror?
A: I did say mirror - mirrored stainless steel ! These will be made from non-directionally polished stainless steel. Because they are non-directionally polished, the end result is a PERFECT mirror reflection without polishing marks!

Q: What about price?
A: The price is not yet determined, but I promise my prices will be very competitive - even though I am out of my competitor's league. Just think about it for a second - would you rather pop your hood and show off your mirrored plastic or your mirrored stainless steel? Mine will cost a bit more, but not too much at all.

Q: When will these be available?
A: I look to have the following kits within a month - Z28, SS, Trans Am, WS6 (all LS1 cars - for now )

Now, how many people would be interested in purchasing something like this? Don't worry, I am not asking for an oath to purchase - I am just sampling the crowd. If you have any more questions, or just want to play Devil's advocate, feel free to shout out.

Last edited by dragonZ28; 04-05-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

i would be very interested depending on price.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Roger, nice to talk to you again. can we do a set of mirrors and those emblems we were talking about.

Jason
Old 04-04-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Some with a tepmporary fastener would be nice. Velcro maybe. I dont think I would want them on all of the time. Count me in as interested.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds cool, I have stock hood now, but I am fixing an ss hood, these going to be available for that as well? Post some pics, I would love to see the final product
Old 04-04-2006, 10:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by daryl2cb@yahoo.com
sounds cool, I have stock hood now, but I am fixing an ss hood, these going to be available for that as well? Post some pics, I would love to see the final product
Yes - I have a Z28 with an OEM SS hood. I still have my Z28 hood in the house, so I will make both. I already have the templates for the Z28 hood done. The SS templates will be done within 1 week along with a non-ram air Trans Am hood.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by zo6vette037
Roger, nice to talk to you again. can we do a set of mirrors and those emblems we were talking about.

Jason
Jason, this is Matt Neace, lol. My father handles all communications through email. He tells me that he has been speaking with you today.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Are you planning on making any for the raptor hoods?
Old 04-04-2006, 10:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by strippedSS
Some with a tepmporary fastener would be nice. Velcro maybe. I dont think I would want them on all of the time. Count me in as interested.
That is certainly a good idea. However, from my stand point I have to use the best materials to outdo my competition, and be more suitable to the majority of purchasers. If you would end up liking a set with velcro instead, you'll have to let me know at the time you place the order, and I'll send them off without tape. It will be completely up to you to fasten them in any way that you wish. Since I will not have any tape cost in your set, I will be glad to cut a discounted rate.

I have been making custom fabbed items for over 1 year now, and my reputation is far better than most people in this field - My feedback does not lie, and I have had thousands of satisfied customers. You can expect nothing less than perfection. I do not purchase competitors parts and duplicate them - I completely do R&D on all of my parts. There are 3 of us that do it, and we all have excellent experience in what we do. We have a total of 4 degrees between us, and my brother and I are on our way to 1 more each. Our backgorund is as follows:

Current background:
AAS - Automotive Technology - ME
2 AAS's - Computer aided drafting - Father and brother
BS -Industrial Technology - Father

In the process of:
BS - Business Management; 1 year left ME
BS - Industrial Technology; 1 semester left - Brother

We have all worked/work in our field and we treat everyone professionally.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:23 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Fad2blk_98
Are you planning on making any for the raptor hoods?
I will make these if I can ever get my hands on a Raptor hood to make some templates and final product testing.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be interested in the SS hood mirror. Post pictures of them when you get them finished.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Junkie

depending on the price, i might be interested before too long. i also would like some sort of removable ones too, cause i know how dirty the underside of my hood gets
Old 04-04-2006, 11:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 67SS&99Z28
I would be interested in the SS hood mirror. Post pictures of them when you get them finished.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:18 AM
Launching!

I will make these if I can ever get my hands on a Raptor hood to make some templates and final product testing.
If you do make a set for a raptor hood and your price is reasonable i will definitly buy a set from you. I would let you use my raptor hood on my car to do the fit but im in illinois and thats a little ways from you.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:20 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by noblesramair
If you do make a set for a raptor hood and your price is reasonable i will definitly buy a set from you. I would let you use my raptor hood on my car to do the fit but im in illinois and thats a little ways from you.
I used to live in Streamwood/Schaumburg for 13 years. I take a trip back up north every now and then
Old 04-05-2006, 03:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I also would be interested, what about aftermarket hoods? I have one as well as alot of others. Will you be doing some for the aftrmarket hood crowd?
If I send in pics and measurements of the underside of my hood, would you beable to mock something up?
Old 04-05-2006, 06:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Id be interested in the SS hood mirrors as well.....
Old 04-05-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dragon will you have Firehawk mirrors?
Old 04-05-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

stainless steel will be heavier, cost more, hold heat, and need to be repolished over the years (not often but will need to be)
no thanks ill keep my current "cheap acrylic" ones

however i love it when people come up with new products. congrats to a fellow do it yourselfer!
what are you cutting the Stainless with? what programs u using to do layouts?

when are pics of the SS kit gonna be up. i may be interested in a partial kit as im too lazy to finish making the patterns for the 6 outer spots

oo i would also be VERY interested in a stainless ECU cover. that would be SO easy for you to make to. just a rectangle with 3 90* bends

heres a pic of my stainless radiator support...
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4346/ct63sn.jpg
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9893/ct77bo.jpg

btw sorry if i came off as an *** in the first paragraph, i was just offended at the bashing of the arcylic stuff ive spent so much time laying out/making. u may want to take out the acrylic bashing, as many of your future customers will probly already have other acruclic products, and would probly turn them away from you and your new business (me included)
im anxious to see your stuff. and will probly be a customer

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS 2; 04-05-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Intersted...

I´ve had the acrylic but after a couple of month they started to look bad... maybe they couldn´t take the heat?

Quick Reply: HOOD MIRRORS - any interest???