Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Painting calipers, rotors, rims.

Old 04-13-2006, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Painting calipers, rotors, rims.

I want to get my car ready for the summer. I figured I might as well do a good job painting everything. I did my hood nostrils today with a glossy black and it looks awesome.

I am gonna paint the calipers red and the bracket black. I dont think I will have any trouble with that. I plan to sand down the calipers real good first to make the end product look good.

I need some help doing the rotors. Can I just take them off, give em a good sanding and spray paint them with high heat black rust oleum? Do i need to mask the contact area or can i just let the brake pads rub it offf? Will the paint stick if I just do some light sanding or do i need to prime?

LAst thing, my rims are flaking off coating in the hidden part behind that you can barely see. I would however like to paint this area black. I will do a great job masking but what do I have to worry about as far as paint sticking and the chrome to stop chipping?
Old 04-13-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would either mask off brake surface or just take a da sander and sand off overspray/wheela you might need to lightly sand blast

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Painting calipers, rotors, rims.