Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Scratch X Q's?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont mean to bust your bubble, but the wax will actually either eat the glaze away.
All of meguiars products have some level of abrasive (you can call and ask them) so layering meguiars products is impossible. Even their waxes cant be truely layered. You might think you are layering them, but you are really just replaceing the previous coat with the current one you are putting on. With that said, when you apply that NXT to the glaze, the NXT is removing the oils from the glaze and then bonding to the polished paint surface.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Not according to this:

After cleaning the paint with a paint cleaner like ScratchX, we then apply a pure polish, in this case, Deep Crystal Polish which is a non-abrasive pure polish.

In Meguiar's line, we offer two types of polishes, cleaner/polishes, which contain a diminishing abrasive, and pure polishes, which are completely non-abrasive and are used solely for the purpose of creating brilliant gloss. Deep Crystal Polish is a pure polish.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:33 PM
TECH Resident

You know you can paint over #7 thats why it's called Body Shop safe/paintable. I don't beieve that it disolves so easy. Also I believe Scratch X is Non abrasive. Hell I always keep a tube of it handy for lil touch ups.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:15 AM
formerly mystic-t/a (changed 02/05/2013)

Scratch X is abrassive, but it also has some hiding abilities (like a glaze), if you work Scratch X long enough using a microfiber applicator then you shouldn't have to follow up with a lighter abrasive polish. A glaze will fill the scratches instead of removing them and an abrasive polish will remove them. Megs #7 is a glaze and most glazes are body shop safe, meaning that you can apply it before the paint is fully cured, not that you can paint over it. You shouldn't paint over anything but a bare surface (metal, paint, etc). Also most waxes and sealants will hide more swirls, so if the car isn't 100% after scratch X and you follow up with a heavy wax or sealant then you can still get the car looking damn near 100%.

Oh ya and everything is a little abrassive because you have to apply it somehow and the applicator itself is going to be a little abrassive, this is why you use microfiber.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
Not according to this:
you are also talking about the average joe stuff while I am talking about the professional line of Meguiars. IMHO...I really dont think the deep crystal or gold class products from meguiars perform anywhere near as well as their professional line does. Just my onpinion though and it is just that, an opinion.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

I'm assuming the Klasse stuff can only be bought online?
Old 04-16-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

yes sir. It is a little expensive but the bottle will last you forever. You use about a dime size drop per panel.

Quick Reply: Scratch X Q's?????