Sponsored by: DashLynx

Painted hood scoop color

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Painted hood scoop color

just looking for opinions here:

i took a rear tail panel off my parts car and im about to do a berger panel for my silver z28 in flat black. now my buddy gave me the idea to do a SS hood with a flat black pained scoop to match the berger panel (similar to that of the mopar and ford scoops). what do you guys think about that? anyone ever seen this before or am i a first?
Old 04-16-2006, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

should look good, i know the berger panel flat black look does and a hood scoop painted that color would look nice IMO. get some chrome reflective emblems to put on the scoop and the rear panel.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z28LS1camaroguy
should look good, i know the berger panel flat black look does and a hood scoop painted that color would look nice IMO. get some chrome reflective emblems to put on the scoop and the rear panel.
already on top of that i'm thinking of doing some writing on the scoop as well to offset all that flat black...

someone noted that the the flat black would look out of place on my car cause of my powdercoated black wheels, tints, and black sail roof thing... any thoughts?
Old 04-16-2006, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

possibly keep the flat black on the hood scoop and get some 35th anniversary stripes to go along side it to keep the scheme with the rims, also a SLP Bowtie grille will look good also and accent the wheels. or you could paint that flat black aswell.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

I would paint the scoop gloss black. They do like kinda weird when they are flat black next to the gloss.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

hell if you dont like the flat black on the hood just get some clearcoat sprayed over it and will be all glossy.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z28LS1camaroguy
possibly keep the flat black on the hood scoop and get some 35th anniversary stripes to go along side it to keep the scheme with the rims, also a SLP Bowtie grille will look good also and accent the wheels. or you could paint that flat black aswell.
already got a bowtie grille and i kinda dont wanna do the stripes. you guys think a glossy scoop would look wierd with a berger panel?

Quick Reply: Painted hood scoop color