Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

How many people hate thier car color?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 02:08 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Loochy88
ah, you beat me to it.

And i dont really like pewter, or green. I'd buy anything else.

White can be really nice when its done right (white v black contrast is the real way to make it look good), and when its clean.
Everytime I see a white Z28 that is clean with that crisp white and black contrast I love it!
Old 04-21-2006, 02:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My last car was white, and for this one I went black (bought it new, but off the lot, and the choice was between pewter and black). I like the black, but maintaining it is much more of a chore than the white one was. I don't think I'll ever buy another black car, especially not until I have a usable garage.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:28 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002BlackSS
My last car was white, and for this one I went black (bought it new, but off the lot, and the choice was between pewter and black). I like the black, but maintaining it is much more of a chore than the white one was. I don't think I'll ever buy another black car, especially not until I have a usable garage.
Any pics of your white car with the gold stripes? Sounds like an interesting combination...

Back on topic, do I hate my color? Well, I've had:

Black 1987 Firebird

(These three are the same car)
Black 1994 Z
Horizon Grey 1994 Z
Electron Blue 1994 Z

Red 1998 Z28

Black 1978 Trans-am

Mystic Teal Trans-Am 1999

Black 1995 Trans-Am

Navy Blue Metallic 1998 Z28

As you said, the black cars were ALWAYS dirty looking because I had no garage...

The Mystic Teal and Navy Blue Metallic were/are my FAVORITE cars when they were/are clean but when they were dirty I HATED them the most because they ended up with funky purple tints when dirty...

The red car always looked pretty good as did the Electron Blue car... I assume that white would always look good as well since it's not metallic either and dirt wouldn't do funky things to its appearance.

I HATED Horizon Grey because it always looked purple! That's why the car got painted for a SECOND time and became Electron Blue

Current car is the NBM 1998 Z which I love when it's clean:

Old 04-21-2006, 06:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like mine black, when it is clean. I really like SOM. I hope to change mine to that within the next year or so.

Quick Reply: How many people hate thier car color?