Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Changing color or speedo lighting on a TA?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing color or speedo lighting on a TA?

I've got a 98 WS6 and the red backlighting is getting on my nerves after 5 years of owning the car. I have a triple gauge pod with Cobalt C2 gauges, and the red lighting on the speedo just doesn't look right anymore. I've heard of taking apart the gauge cluster and replacing the clear red paper with my color of choice, but was curious if there was another way to do it. And if not, does somebody have a walkthrough so I don't screw anything up too bad? I used search but didn't find anything of much use. Thanks in advance!

And I'm obviously a here, but I frequent LS2.com all the time and they sent me here with my question lol.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a write up on here for changing the bulb color. I was gonna do it but decided not to mess with it. They make kits for Camaros, but not T/A's. How gay.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

I havent done it yet but here is a write up on how to do it to blue.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/313565-t-blue-gauges-write-up.html

Hope this helps.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
There is a write up on here for changing the bulb color. I was gonna do it but decided not to mess with it. They make kits for Camaros, but not T/A's. How gay.
You can buy all the lights you need at www.superbrightleds.com I have a full TA interior conversion in my car and thats where i got all my LEDs at. Cheap prices too.

Quick Reply: Changing color or speedo lighting on a TA?