Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Body shop guys, or guys with experience installing the front bumper.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Body shop guys, or guys with experience installing the front bumper.

I am trying to get everything to line up properly on the front of the Firehawk I just bought. From what I can tell it has the proper Firehawk front nose/bumper and hood.
I can`t see how to adjust everything to get the front bumper to line up with the hood in the very front center. Everything else seems to line up fine except for this area. At the very center of the nose, the bumper is just a little too high compared to the hood. However, around the outer edges of the intake holes on the hood, the hood is about an inch high compared to the hood. I looked around the front bumper, and it looks as though the bumper isnt really adjustable. Is this correct? Are the hood and light covers supposed to be adjusted to line up to the bumper?
Also, there seems to be a greater gap between the hood and the bumper on the drivers side, as you can see in the pic.
Can someone help me out? I want to get this perfect:

Old 04-25-2006, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bumper cover pretty much just rests on the styrofoam energy absorber. If you get the cover off, you can check the impact bar for straightness. If I remember right, the only place the cover is bolted, is at the corners where it attaches to the fender. The rest is done with those push-pin clip thingees. As far as the head light covers, those can be manipulated by loosening the screws and moving it into the position you want, and then retighten them.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pewterpowre
If you get the cover off, you can check the impact bar for straightness. If I remember right, the only place the cover is bolted, is at the corners where it attaches to the fender.
Is it possible that the impact bar could be bent in an upside down U shape? I dont know how else the front end could be lining up the way it is now.

Originally Posted by Pewterpowre
The rest is done with those push-pin clip thingees.
Ugh. I hate getting those off!

Anyone know about the larger gap between the hood and the bumper on the one side? It almost looks as though the bumper was cut or trimmed where the two meet.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to lift the top of the bumper up or down you can. But only the center section. Were the fireglass piece that the bumper attaches to meets the metal, loosen those 4 bolts and you can fix it.

Quick Reply: Body shop guys, or guys with experience installing the front bumper.