Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dry Wash?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dry Wash?

any one eer hear of a dry wash system for cars? i met this guy who said he would detail my car inside and out for 75 bucks. he's done work for this guy i've met at work, he drives a maserati, his car always looks sweet so i might give that guy a call. well any ways has any one ever heard of this dry wash thing? the guy told me that the products are out of california.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If its what im thinking of its just a spray can almost like a spray detailer. A guy at a gas station talked my GF into buying it(she can't say no once someone starts talking something up). Not sure if its what your talking about but if its is I would't waste my time. It just the same as a spray detialer. If your cars dirts don't use it but if it just needs a quick detail then it would be okay but a name brand spray detialer may be better and cheaper.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

There are thing like Quick and Easy Wash (QEW) that only require 1 gallon of water, but I'm not sure about "dry" washing...wouldn't trust it.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont know if someone was to try to sell me something like that i owuld probably laugh in their face but im telling yall i see this guys work on that maserati, i mean this maserati is pretty new, but still it come out clean. this guy does wash, wax, engine, rims, tires, all of the interior( shampoo, leather, everything) for 75, i dont know i think ima do it, its only 75. ive wasted more on worse. i was just wondering if ne one has heard of it
Old 04-26-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't trust it either
Old 04-26-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Addict

Find out the actual name of the product, and that will help.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dry Wash N Guard I use it and use to sell it. Good stuff in my book. They're right its more of a detailer spray but the good thing with it is if your car is a little more then dusty had some fine girt this stuff will allow you to take a wet towel and wipe it off. Also you can use the spray again on the dirt and it will take it off with out scratching the paint. Another good thing is you can use it in direct sun light. which most sprays you can't. Give it a whirl...it's good ****.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

what he said...........it works well. My only recomendation is wash before applying............don't get any overspray on any black trim........it will leave a white overspray
Old 04-27-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dry Wash 'N Guard

It's fine to use as a detailer but I wouldn't use it as a wax.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah... I remember that stuff. I would use it as an "in-between" washing, but not replace it for washing you ride.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i've heard and seen it at a local car show we had going on in my naborhood, they had a brand new PT Cruiser (when they were all the rage) doing the Dry wash....sadly i didnt pay attention to it, but i heard about what your talking about