Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Do you want you car Lowered?
Yes, I want my car slammed!
63.90%
No, I want stock height so I don't bottom out.
36.10%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Someone explain how you drive around in lowered fbody???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was backing into a parking space last night and backed up to where my rear bumper hung over the curb. The tips wedged all the way up the curb so tight you couldnt fit a piece of paper between them LOL.

a few weeks ago I made the mistake of trying to exit a parking lot from a steep incline, the cement made sort of a "^" shape and when I tried to exit my car literally got stuck on the Ypipe. I drive a auto and when I let off the brake the car was STUCK lol. I had to gas it in reverse outa that one.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Default Cop Car

Originally Posted by Cop Car
im glad my car isnt lowered, wheels fit nicely in the fender wells and i dont have to drive like there is a cork shoved up my ***, plus my car rides nicely, driving it 20,000 miles a year i dont want loud exhaust, or a choppy ride and i dont want to have to worry about scraping anytime i drive it. so it has stock muffler and stock springs on it and its going to stay that way. if you dont like it go look at your garage queen
~~~Here Here, I'll drink to that!We don't need no stinkin low rider. Gimme my smooth ride with just a mellow exhaust note & listen to my 500 watt monsoon killer stereo. When I was 17 we torched the front springs & added lowering blocks for that California look. Looked cool as hell bouncing down the road but it was also an accident waiting to happen. If you have to have that look go buy yourself a BMW~GTO~Audi~Merc. Evidently they are the only ones who have figured out how to have tight fender to tire clearance and still have a smooth ride. Really all they would have to do is lower the fender & qtr. panel line to cover more of the tire but they must be too stupid to do this.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:43 AM
Launching!

Yea, lowering really isn't a big deal. like everyone said...slow and at angles. My truck is lowered 3 inches up front and 4 in the rear. I can drive it around fine although we'll have to see about that when I get my long tube headers and dual exhaust on it. I really am not worried about it tho. I compared my ride hieght to my dad's stock C5 the other day. The C5 actually looks about 1/2 inch lower. So I'm thinking another inch drop is not out of the question. It will just all depend on the exhaust I guess.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:11 PM
12 Second Club

Did not read all 6 pages, but an air ride suspension will do the trick. At a puch of a button you can go up and down and not have to worry whether you can make it over a speed bump.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really wouldn't call this Slammed...
But it is lowered some for better weight transfer
Old 07-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

I put a set of Air Lift spring helpers in the rear of my car. My car is lowered 2 inches and the spring helpers lift it 2 inches so i dont scrape my Y-pipe
Old 07-16-2006, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by scrmnws6
Did not read all 6 pages, but an air ride suspension will do the trick. At a puch of a button you can go up and down and not have to worry whether you can make it over a speed bump.
Isnt that kind of expensive, comparitavely speaking. I dont know much about that setup so thats why im asking.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
LOL how do you think I feel. I'm lowered over 3". With a 3" exhaust, and LTs, I can barely make it anywhere but my driveway.
3" is that even possible? My car is 2" and the front wheels are almost tuckin behind the wheel wells? From the look at your pic its 2"
Old 07-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Teching In

I love mine as it sits. I wouldn't go back. I drove it over 2500 miles for the Hot Rod Power Tour with several hundred pounds of crap in the back. I didn't have any problems until I got to Pa/NJ. MOVE! No offense to you, but your roads suck up there. I can drive mine all over by my house without a problem.

Actually this pic was taken at the track in Jersey with all my stuff in it.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:54 PM
11 Second Club

Yet to scrape since dropped.
Got my subframe connectors once, but it was a stupid mistake on my part and would have gotten them at the stock ride height.

Eibach ProKit springs on mine.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Please dont lower your F-body's, people! Thats what ricers do. Keep it stock height and spend your money on your engine...please
Old 07-16-2006, 06:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28-CTYHNTR
Isnt that kind of expensive, comparitavely speaking. I dont know much about that setup so thats why im asking.
Air Ride is only a few hundred more than going with dual adjustable Konis and good lowering springs. That's why I'm thinking I want to go the Air Ride route so I can be slammed for shows and higher for cruising and also a setup for road racing and drag racing all at the touch of a button.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lukebrown35
Please dont lower your F-body's, people! Thats what ricers do. Keep it stock height and spend your money on your engine...please

damn so all of the big time car builders thta build lower cars and get thier rides slamed ricers too? some of us just prefer the smooth low lines or a sports car in stead of the in the air redneck 4x4.
but like everything, it only matters what the driver wants.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z28-CTYHNTR
It cost me about $80 the spring helpers just fit in the coil springs and are filled by a small compresser, they arent really made for raising or lowering but it workrd great for my situation. It takes 30 sec. to fill them and about 2 to drop it down so it looks cool.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

Im lowered 1.5 inches with true duals and dont have a problem driving it...come out of the driveway at an angle and just dont hit speed bumps doing 90 and I seem to have no problems.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am on a Pro-Kit with midlengths. The lowest point of my car is the very bottom of the y-pipe flange and that *sometimes* scrapes on a speedbump if someone is sitting in the car with me. Other than that, if I notice that a driveway going into a parking lot is too steep, I just skip it and go to the next one. And as some people have said, it's all about the angles. The lowered look is WELL worth it!!
Old 07-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

My WS6 isn't lowered but my Eclipse I had before it was dropped about 2 inches. I just did like everyone else, learn your entry and exit angles, I even had to take some speed bumps at an angle. But the looks and compliments were worth it to me. I'll drop this car too eventually but not quite as much.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

theres no way i can lower mine and make it, i live in kentucky and yesterday coming out of the fair.. they had ramps to park in the field, and it drug my y-pipe off of my header...mines stock suspension...lol if mine looks like a 4wd then so be it....
Old 07-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

I hear ya about Kentucky roads man. There were some situations where I had no choice but to bear the screeching of my Eclipse's front bumper.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GETGONE
Air Ride is only a few hundred more than going with dual adjustable Konis and good lowering springs. That's why I'm thinking I want to go the Air Ride route so I can be slammed for shows and higher for cruising and also a setup for road racing and drag racing all at the touch of a button.
The problem is, either its higher and stiffer (more air) or lower and softer (less air), the opposite of what you would want.

Quick Reply: Someone explain how you drive around in lowered fbody???