Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

did this to my friends prelude the other day (airbrush)...just wanted to share

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 09:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always wondered how people do that, not asking for a full guide or anything, but can you give me a rundown on the outline of how you go about painting realistic flames. I can't think of a way possible. Awesome job!
Old 05-13-2006, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

hey man im in houston also...iv seen your car down hwy6 before and ya. ...iv been wanting ghoast flames like that...how much would you charge to do that???
Old 05-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

I got dips on your practicing price
Old 05-13-2006, 11:45 PM
TECH Regular

They charge OUTRAGEOUSLY HIGH TO DO THAT! Well at least around here but im in a small town and hes the only guy who can do it. So its monopoly kinda thing but he wanted two hundred bucks just to make my bros fiberglass dual 12' box look "pimp" as he said LOL. So id charge 100 for kool, 200 for pimp, and 500 for bitchin...
Old 05-14-2006, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

very nice, practice makes perfect.....

id like to get my ls6 intake done white with black/grey flames. lookin good man
Old 05-14-2006, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

WOW thanks again for all the compliments....they are greatly appreciated...

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
If I had the money I would... No joke. Your works amazing, your ta is incredible, and so is that lude... I have a few different things to do to the front of my T/a, and then I would LOVE black realistic flames on my white car, or if I paint it black, white realistic flames... Your work rivals strykrs
~WOW thats the ultimate compliment... id say im nowhere near strykers skill level yet...his stuff is sick...thanks for saying that....and yes that WOULD look sick...iv been wanting to experiment with black flames...white looks awesome but tends to look more like smoke...but cool smoke lol..

Originally Posted by pHEnomIC
I always wondered how people do that, not asking for a full guide or anything, but can you give me a rundown on the outline of how you go about painting realistic flames. I can't think of a way possible. Awesome job!
trade secret my friend lol just kidding...its actually quite easy, you would prob laugh at how simple it realy is...you use different shapes with the HELP of stencils to make the hard edges while the airbrush naturally creates the soft edges...its mostly color placement, and knowing the anotomy and shape of fire...if you have an artistic eye, its not hard to learn

Originally Posted by pSSycotic
hey man im in houston also...iv seen your car down hwy6 before and ya. ...iv been wanting ghoast flames like that...how much would you charge to do that???
thanks man...iv never tried ghost flames before...id like to learn in time tho...you would honestly be better off getting a professional to do it...it might be a little more expensive...but worth it...look up Chaotic Customs...there painter Max is awesome...id give you the number but i lost it. Id love to try but i dont sand and clear...i just paint...and i dont want to ruin anyones car lol

Originally Posted by LS144
They charge OUTRAGEOUSLY HIGH TO DO THAT! Well at least around here but im in a small town and hes the only guy who can do it. So its monopoly kinda thing but he wanted two hundred bucks just to make my bros fiberglass dual 12' box look "pimp" as he said LOL. So id charge 100 for kool, 200 for pimp, and 500 for bitchin...
thanks for the info...yeah i know its not cheap...and i dont want to rip anyone off ya know....thanks again for the info

if anyone has any more questions id be more then willing to answer
Old 05-14-2006, 02:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

if u wanna practice on something, let me know!
Old 05-14-2006, 08:29 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Yea, you could easily just wet sand down the clear on the area to be painted, then if you don't wanna mess with having the equipment to clear, you could have the people take care of getting it cleared themselves.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Regular

Did you have to scuff up the clear to get that paint to stick? If he did want it cleared, then how would you spray the clear on the hood. I thought that you can't spray clear on paint that has already cured. I am a novice painter and would like to know more about painting techniques.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Resident

Wow Man, I bet your bud was stoked to have you flame his car. You have some real skill!
Old 05-14-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Resident

The paint looks awesome but the Honda symbol makes me think of the "Flame Vw Jetta commercial."

No offense to your painting as it is bad *** looking.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pHEnomIC
Eastwood.com one of our sponsors sells guides and dvds that tell you exactly how to do it.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:32 AM
12 Second Club

i wish i could do that.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

would you mind e-mailing me the pics? they were blocked here on base and I currently have no other internet access...

koncrete @ gmail.com
Old 05-14-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shep28
Did you have to scuff up the clear to get that paint to stick? If he did want it cleared, then how would you spray the clear on the hood. I thought that you can't spray clear on paint that has already cured. I am a novice painter and would like to know more about painting techniques.
no i didnt scuff up the hood of that honda at all...we washed the car, and put a few coats of wax on it so that it would wash off easily...your right...if he DID like it...then he couldnt (well i wouldnt recomend) clear it...because the clear would look super crapy! If he liked it and wanted it permanent...he would have to sand down the hood, then have me paint it a second time...then clear. this time was just for fun and he wanted to see what it looked like
~the airbrush paint stuck quite well...and i actualy beleive he said its still on there lol his car had a pretty crapy paint job on it already (chips, tiny dents, ect) so it kinda had something to grab onto

Quick Reply: did this to my friends prelude the other day (airbrush)...just wanted to share