Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

GM paint issues, class action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No bubbling here , but I have the paint cracking issue on my drivers side door right on the top edge of the door just above the door handle. I know there are other folks with this issue also.....
Old 05-21-2006, 11:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't there already a recall on the sail panels? If they are offering to fix it I doubt you would win in court. They offered to fix it already. Besides the warranty states paint isn't covered after X miles and months and I am sure almost all Camaros are out of warranty since they haven't been built since 2002.

I am not trying to be an *** but I have seen that many models have problems with paint. Older White Silverados and Corsicas for examples. We are talking about all makes... They don't get repainted.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ultraz
Im no scientist, but why would you sign up if you clearly have aftermarket body parts on your vehicle, but hey, if you want to jump on the bandwagon because you may see a few miserable dollars in a few years, its on you.

PS: Wouldnt it be fraud to take the money if you dont have factory paint?
As long as you can prove the sail panel is still factory paint, you could have a valid argument. And yes, under some court systems Im sure it would be fraud.

Not trying to be a devils advocate, but the reason I see GM saying "this isnt their problem" is this - GM put out a recal for this, and that was performed. Its no longer a factory problem on GMs end being its now recieved work on that piece from another source, even from one of their dealerships. Its no longer a factory defect, and your problem now lies with the dealership. GM has a better law firm, and a bunch of engineers behind them that're experts in their field. I can almost guarantee this situation will end in their expert saying you're in the 1% vs the 99%.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ultraz
Im no scientist, but why would you sign up if you clearly have aftermarket body parts on your vehicle, but hey, if you want to jump on the bandwagon because you may see a few miserable dollars in a few years, its on you.

PS: Wouldnt it be fraud to take the money if you dont have factory paint?
It is factory paint on the car...the only parts thats not factory paint is the GFX and the hood.....the panels im haveing issues with are factory paint...I honestly dont think that anything will come of this but its worth a shot....since i have heard that there was a recall on the sail panel once before....i dont think anything will come of all this....
Old 09-19-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

a bit behind the curve but I added my info to this... said to date only 37 complaints...
Old 10-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Launching!

that thing is messed up cause I just posted my complaint and they said there was only 37 complaints to so I dunno

Quick Reply: GM paint issues, class action lawsuit