Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Advice: I just purchased Fuel Rail Covers FRC'S for my 02 Camaro and need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 12:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Advice: I just purchased Fuel Rail Covers FRC'S for my 02 Camaro and need some help.

Hey all:

I just purchased a set of Fuel Rail Covers that have been cut to fit my 02 Camaro.

Well I decided to have the shop install them that did some work on my car and they could not get the to work.

The biggest problem they said was my headers. I have the smog type LT headers by Pacesetters and they said that the air tube on the passanger side goes starght up and there is no way to make it work without bending the tube which would break it.

Also it is a A4 if that matters.

Has anyone else ran into this or have any suggestions I would greatly apperciate it.

Thanks
Old 05-29-2006, 07:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try n give it a trim......make it look smooth and nice but trim it to fit around the AIR tube, that way, itll be cutom to YOUR car!
Old 05-29-2006, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or pull the AIR system out all together and just have it tuned out. Without a tune you will get the SES light but it won't hurt anything. There are 2 reasons to get it tuned, one they can get rid of the SES as some states will fail your car when that light is on and the PCM has a code and two if anything else goes wrong you wouldn't know it as the SES would already be on. Most people here ditch the AIR system once they really start mod'ing anyway.

Quick Reply: Advice: I just purchased Fuel Rail Covers FRC'S for my 02 Camaro and need some help.