Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

few pics of my ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006 | 01:55 AM
formerly mystic-t/a (changed 02/05/2013)

Originally Posted by beeker82
car looks great man,you have my respect,most 16 year olds are usually like OMGZ I RACED THIS MUSTANG TODAY AND GOT MY CAR UP TO 145 BLAH BLAH BLAH,sounds like youre responsible with your car and you take good care of it
There is no such thing as a 16 yo with a modified LS1 SS that doesn't race it. I guarantee you he races, maybe not all the time or irresponsibly, but he does, otherwise he wouldn't have modded it.
Old 06-06-2006 | 05:26 AM
Launching!

You're correct about that. I have raced before, but it's been when no'one else has been around..Now, It's only at the track, or not at all.. It's an itching urge to punch it at every red light or to try every mustang on the road, but it's just not something I need to be doing at my age..The police population in my town is above average in numbers by about 95%, and most of the come up with a load of bs when they pull you over just to get more money..So, me having about the nicest car in my town other than a few vettes and other cars, soon as they see a teenager in something like that, they're looking for anything that I do wrong..Plus the borla 3" adjust cat. , slp bellows, and no plates in the exhaust, helps them find me oh so much quicker. But anyways, I try, and thats the best i can do.

And on the buffing, i've heard that buffing the car could just create more swirls on a black?? If not, what pad ect... are you using? I'd really like to know, I heard it would create more, so I never attempted it.

Thanks,
Caleb
Old 06-07-2006 | 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by ckingcmaro
You're correct about that. I have raced before, but it's been when no'one else has been around..Now, It's only at the track, or not at all.. It's an itching urge to punch it at every red light or to try every mustang on the road, but it's just not something I need to be doing at my age..The police population in my town is above average in numbers by about 95%, and most of the come up with a load of bs when they pull you over just to get more money..So, me having about the nicest car in my town other than a few vettes and other cars, soon as they see a teenager in something like that, they're looking for anything that I do wrong..Plus the borla 3" adjust cat. , slp bellows, and no plates in the exhaust, helps them find me oh so much quicker. But anyways, I try, and thats the best i can do.

And on the buffing, i've heard that buffing the car could just create more swirls on a black?? If not, what pad ect... are you using? I'd really like to know, I heard it would create more, so I never attempted it.

Thanks,
Caleb
I must say you have much more control than I did at that age (a whole 2 years ago lol). Took a racing ticket to finally get me to stop for the most part.

As for buffing, there is alot to be explained, pads, buffer, polish, etc. I'm sure there are write ups out there. But its easy to pick up and if done correctly, you will illiminate all swirls on black, but it takes time. Personally I have a Porter Cable random orbital buffer, but also have access to a rotary buffer, I would recomend going straite for a rotary if you can afford a good one. The rotary is just as easy to pick up as the PC is and it is a much better buffer (cuts buffing time down a lot, can tackle much more, etc). But for a couple examples of black...
This is the first car I ever buffed using my PC (this is something you could do very easily)
before

After

And my car from a couple shows ago
Old 06-07-2006 | 10:05 AM
Launching!

Looks amazing, could you tell me what processes ect. that it took you to do that? I hope/pray that I can get my car to look like that. And, basically I had the same thing happen to me about a ticket, except it wasn't for racing, and the cop was a douche and lied about stuff, so it got dismissed... I'll give the rundown of it:

I was on my way home from my girlfriends house on a wednesday afternoon and it was a beautiful day so I took out the t-tops. Her house is around 35minutes away from my house, so anyways, driving along, and got to my town, and was driving in the "city" part of the town, speedlimit there is 45mph (I was doing 50mph) anyways, i was in the right lane on the highway and the people infront of me decide to slam on their breaks and turn without using a turn signal so i switched to the left lane to avoid a wreck, and as soon as I look up the light changes to yellow (to some means slow down, others it means "SPEED THE **** UP") anyways knowing I couold make it, i just sped up a small bit, (back up to 50mph) anyways, soon as i get about 1/4mile down the road I see a cop fly out of the turning lane of that light from behind an f250 ford truck (didn't see the cop there because of the truck) the cop puts his lights on and pulls me over (ironically it was in a funeral home, and I thought well, This is good as any other place my parents are going to kill me). I'll save the small talk between me and the police officer, (35minutes long because he decided he was gonna talk on his cellphone inbetween). Anyways, another buddy cop of his pulls up, and they start having a conversation..This last about 20minutes. The cop finally comes back with my ticket marked as the following:
55mph in a 30mph zone (may I remind you that the speed limit there is 45 not 30)
Weaving in and out of traffic (I switched lanes once)
Running a redlight (The light was yellow, not red.)
Reckless Endangerment ( )

He says "Alright son, slow it down, you have a good now". And he preceeds to walk back to his car and drive off. Then he decides to look at my car, and notices i have low tread on my rear tires and writes me another ticket for "Inadequite Road Equipment".

Anyways, we took the ticket to the courthouse and talked to the Lt. of the Police Station, and he said they'd had problems with the cop before, and that they would just dissmiss the took, because he knew the speed zones weren't 30 and other previous problems with the cop.

Needless to say, if there's a god, he was definitely with me on that case.
Old 06-07-2006 | 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Most cops are like that and it sucks. Some of the deputys that work in my station are pretty much ********. But, I have two nice LS cars so I know how temting it can be sometimes to speed up a little. When I pull some people over most of the times I just give them warnings to be nice. But when they are repeated a couple times over then a ticket might be necessary to teach them a lesson. Anyways beautiful SS cking. Wish I had that nice of a car when I was 16. But I cant really complain too much because I have both of these cars and im only 21 and they are paid off!!
Old 06-07-2006 | 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

rear clear side markers would really accent the front ones
Old 06-07-2006 | 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by ckingcmaro
Looks amazing, could you tell me what processes ect. that it took you to do that? I hope/pray that I can get my car to look like that. And, basically I had the same thing happen to me about a ticket, except it wasn't for racing, and the cop was a douche and lied about stuff, so it got dismissed... I'll give the rundown of it:

I was on my way home from my girlfriends house on a wednesday afternoon and it was a beautiful day so I took out the t-tops. Her house is around 35minutes away from my house, so anyways, driving along, and got to my town, and was driving in the "city" part of the town, speedlimit there is 45mph (I was doing 50mph) anyways, i was in the right lane on the highway and the people infront of me decide to slam on their breaks and turn without using a turn signal so i switched to the left lane to avoid a wreck, and as soon as I look up the light changes to yellow (to some means slow down, others it means "SPEED THE **** UP") anyways knowing I couold make it, i just sped up a small bit, (back up to 50mph) anyways, soon as i get about 1/4mile down the road I see a cop fly out of the turning lane of that light from behind an f250 ford truck (didn't see the cop there because of the truck) the cop puts his lights on and pulls me over (ironically it was in a funeral home, and I thought well, This is good as any other place my parents are going to kill me). I'll save the small talk between me and the police officer, (35minutes long because he decided he was gonna talk on his cellphone inbetween). Anyways, another buddy cop of his pulls up, and they start having a conversation..This last about 20minutes. The cop finally comes back with my ticket marked as the following:
55mph in a 30mph zone (may I remind you that the speed limit there is 45 not 30)
Weaving in and out of traffic (I switched lanes once)
Running a redlight (The light was yellow, not red.)
Reckless Endangerment ( )

He says "Alright son, slow it down, you have a good now". And he preceeds to walk back to his car and drive off. Then he decides to look at my car, and notices i have low tread on my rear tires and writes me another ticket for "Inadequite Road Equipment".

Anyways, we took the ticket to the courthouse and talked to the Lt. of the Police Station, and he said they'd had problems with the cop before, and that they would just dissmiss the took, because he knew the speed zones weren't 30 and other previous problems with the cop.

Needless to say, if there's a god, he was definitely with me on that case.
Well didn't you know that if you have your tops off, it makes you a better target and that being 16 w/a nice car that is yours also will force them to give you a ticket. lol I just got another one in my TA the other day, I was coming home from work at like 9:30pm, get on the highway and go 65mph behind some van, I stay behind him for a while till I get some room to move over, so eventually I change lanes (going 68mph) use my signal, and dont swerve and there was a car length between me and the van in front and another car length from the guy behind me in the other lane. Anyway about a mile later a cop pulls behind me and pulls me over. He said it was an unsafe lane change! I was like there was a car length, plenty of room, I was going the speed limit, and used my signal and nobody got in a wreck or was even close. Well he didn't care and asked for my licence and reg., so when I went in my glove to get the registration, there was a window sticker from the last GoodGuys show I went to, he saw it and was like, you show this thing? (kinda like I shouldn't be or something) And I was like ya, why not and then he asked if it was my car and I told him yes I worked my *** off to get this car the way it is now. Anyway, ya he was a ******** and gave me a ticket, now I gotta fight it...

OK about the actual question...
The process consisted of washing, claying, buffing, sealing and waxing.
Buffing broken down using PC...
First: Orange propel pad & optimum car polish on speed ~6 (dont remember exactly) using med. pressure
Second: Green propel pad & optimum car polish on speed 4-5 using light pressure

It takes time and patients when using a PC, but with a rotary it is much faster, but a rotary is pretty expensive. Also you want good lighting to see swirls and what your working with. Some say halogens wont show you exactly what your doing, but IMO its the closest thing to the sun without the actual sun and the sun is the #1 thing that will make a black car look like crap.
Here is an example of a halogen reflection (to compare to the sun pic I posted above)

BTW this is also a good example of how much of a difference LSPs make.
Old 06-07-2006 | 05:26 PM
Launching!

Eventually I hope i'll be able to do that, right now im kinda tied up with working and trying to pay my parents off on this car, $224 a month (payments for the car), $650 insurance (its under my mom and still that high), $40+ filling up on gas each fill-up, and I dunno what anyone else gets on mpg but I baby this girl and she only gives me about 22 at the max mpg... And thats using 6gear all the time that I can... Ugh... And i'm still wanting more power.... The increase in power the decrease in mpg... I want my own oil fields so i can just use it for my car hehe. Anyways, XX01Camaroz28xx I appreciate cops like you. In general police is a negative term (atleast around here, and for car people I know), which isn't wrong really, there's very few that aren't just douche bags, around here its pretty much like Young guys, with pretty flashing lights, a free car, an easy job, a gun, and a legal right to be an ******* to you...So they jump all over it..Around here, its rediculous, its not 1 cop car pulling you over, its 3 of them. I don't understand the need for that... 1 cop can pull a car over for a small traffic violation...But back to the topic, Thankyou xx01camaroz28xx for being a small percent of the good hearted honest cops, I salute you. Take care of yourself, and keep up the good work. Thankyou.

Caleb.
Old 06-07-2006 | 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

i like it!

put a set of rims like on my car and that car would be sick
Old 06-07-2006 | 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

Sweet ride!

Quick Reply: few pics of my ride