Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2 months on Ice and going

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs up 2 months on Ice and going

Just wanted to hear your experience and amount of time between waxing again ! I am at 2 months and still is amazing on my red dd ! I have used the spray detailer after every wash and was wanting to take it to 3 months as said by Turtle wax (recommended) to see how long it lasted !
Old 06-05-2006, 07:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, after driving it through a rainstorm and then washing it the next day, it seemed like it was already gone. I did not use the spray detailer however. I guess if its still beading, its there. I just know the "super shine", like right after you apply it, was gone.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the hell am I doing wrong? I got some of the ICE and put it on my car...it says to let it dry to a light haze. It never dried!! So basically I was just smearing it around..
Old 06-05-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by keliente
What the hell am I doing wrong? I got some of the ICE and put it on my car...it says to let it dry to a light haze. It never dried!! So basically I was just smearing it around..
Yea same here, just apply it and smear it all over the car, then wipe the car down with the little towel it comes with.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Regular

It definetely doesn't dry...just continue wiping until you get it all off. I promise though, for the oily consistency and very short lifespan, it does look great on the car. It takes longer to wash/dry the car than to "Ice" it, so for certain people, I could see why its worth it. I could wash/dry and ICE my ta in under a hour, and make it have the freshly waxed look
Old 06-05-2006, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

A good wash and wax job (depending on wax) will last 6 months on a DD, and on weekend warriors such as mine- a full year- as long as its cared for and cleaned appropriately when needed. But depending on the color of your car and the weather, these factors obviously determine how much you wash it, which inturn every time you touch the car or get it wet, or even just driving around baking in the sun, will take a little bit of the wax off everytime. I, however have never used the ICE but If it still looks damn good- leave it for another month- what do you have to loose?? Otherwise if you got time-wax that puppy, WHY NOT!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

i like the ice....the reason why its not drying is your prolly using to much, and it was also designed so it could be installed in direct sunlight.....i ice my car every month and eagle1 wax as u dry once a week....i hardly ever use soap or any wash...i just spray it off to get the dirt off then drive around to let it dry cause im lazy..ha (a leaf blower will work too)
Old 06-05-2006, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used Dawn soap first to wash , then Zaino car wash with clay bar , dried and moved into garage ! When I Iced (using supplied sponge and microfiber towel) , I did it in my garage so I could see better (no glare) ! No problems with it not hazing over , it is clear , but you can see a film on the car in about 10 minutes ! My car does sit in the sun during the week and in the garage at other times ! Here in Houston , Tx area we have lots of dust and other stuff in the air , so the Ice is getting a good test ! The spray detailer seems to do a great job of revitalizing the Ice ! I wash with Zaino car wash , dry (cotton towels) , then use the spray detailer (cotton towels) at least once or twice a week ! If the Ice last short of the 3 months (recommended by TW) I will do it every 2 months ! The wet shine , deep red color , and at least 2 months of protection (water beading) , the convinence , the price , and of course the compliments is well worth it so far !!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

I ice mine about every month.. Looks awsome on my white car
Old 06-06-2006, 06:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I iced mine at a cruise-in in a busy parking lot a couple weeks ago and I had a lady get out of her car for the store next door and walk over to my car to ask me what I use to get my car so shiny. Made me happy! I've actually had a lot of compliments on how deep the color looks and how shiny the car looks after I started using Ice. I love the product, it makes the car look great. It might not be the most durable, but I consider Ice to be a good product to apply the night before a car show.

Another nice story... I had iced my car at my girlfriend's house who lives 35 miles away. It poured at her house, and half of the way home (almost all highway). The last half of the way home, it was completely dry. By the time I got home, my car was still sparkling clean... EVEN DRY... even after being poured on and driving a good 15-20 miles in the rain. I got home, took the microfiber waffle weave drying towel out, dabbed up a few beads and tada all done.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:22 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Where can you get ICE? I'd like to try it out, but I haven't seen it on the shelves of any of the local automotive places I visit...
Old 06-06-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I bought mine at a local auto store, Murrays... I don't think they're outside of the great lakes area, if not just in Michigan.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

walmart sells it
Old 06-06-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got mine at advanced.....and dont waste your time w/ the supplied towel....it sucks, just use a microfiber towel and it willl look awesome
Old 06-06-2006, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

used the Ice spray wax after i washed with dawn and meguire carwash..i used lint free towel one section at a time..

Old 06-06-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pewterbirdls1
By far one of the best pewter reflections I've ever seen! It looks more like chrome!
Old 06-06-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Do the sqeak test on your car after washing it..use a clean 100% cotton or terry cloth and rub it on car..if it sqeaks its time to re wax.

Last edited by LS1MONSTER; 06-06-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1MONSTER
Do the sqeak test on your car after washing it..if it run you finger over the paint and it squeaks..your wax is gone.
i know this is off topic but ls1 monster how did that throttle adjustment work out for ya????
Old 06-06-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by presto_z
i know this is off topic but ls1 monster how did that throttle adjustment work out for ya????
It worked out great man..it sure did have alot of slack in it!! Now the tension feels perfect.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1MONSTER
It worked out great man..it sure did have alot of slack in it!! Now the tension feels perfect.
glad to hear that...pretty much anything u need can be found on here... just glad i could help someone out

Quick Reply: 2 months on Ice and going