Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Touching up exterior paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Touching up exterior paint

I have a Sebring Silver Z28 that is in need of some TLC. It has been hit 3 times, but fixed every time by a reputable shop. I've added an SS spoiler, CME and berger panel and was planning on a 3in SS hood as well. The shop wants to charger $1000 to paint the hood and blend the front (which would fix 4 or 5 big scratches) and anothe $500 to fix a scratch on each door and on the CME.

I was looking into a repaint but its a tad bit pricey $5000
Let me describe the scratches:
Hood-big gash or 2, someone backed into my car with a ladder hanging out of the truck and drove off.
Driver's side headlight area-someone pulled a bump and run at Wal-mart, small scratch but now my bumper on that side is spider webbing.
Passenger fender AND door- 2 shopping carts on 2 seperate occasions at my work has left 2 pretty deep scratches
Drivers side door-1 scratch that magically appeared one day I still have not been able to understand
CME- The ONLY one that is my fault, I backed over a focking curb

When I get the hood on I will get the bumper, hood (obviously) and fender fixed. I might be able to squeeze the blend back to the doors, not sure yet. However, is there anything I can do to temporarily fix these scratches? It will be at least a year before I am done performance wise with the car and won't be messing with appearance until then. Any tips are great
Old 06-06-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post