3M
8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Best Polishing System for new Porter Cable 7424

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like Menzerna polishes and Zaino or Pinnacle to finish it off.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

after using 3m and meguiars for the last few years. i might just switch to this. btw. whats the lifespan of your buffers? my porter cable just died today . second one this year.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Resident

I just finished doing the TA. I have over 30 hrs in the past 2 mos between practicing on the Fiero and doing the TA. I started with orange pad and 3M Fine cut compound. Seeing the TA is reletively new, I thought that would be all I would need. Compound the car and it looked great in the garage. Got it out in direct sunlight and you could still see scratches and some swirls. Really depressing. Got some yellow pads and 3M Medium cut compound and it took out 90% of the scratches and swirls. 2 applications needed in some spots. Tried some Menzerna IPII, but no better than the 3M, which I could get at the local NAPA store. Also, I did 1/2 my spoiler with 3M Polish and the other with Menzerna FP. I could not tell any difference nor could anyone at work. The Menzerna is more expensive and not available locally, so I am not sold on it being that much better. I initially tried the Mequiars Step 1 Paint Cleaner, but it was a waste of time. Hopefully, I can use it in the future now that I know how to wash without adding scratches and swirls. Keep in mind, there are some scratches that the PC cannot get out, but on the other hand, it is hard to do any damage with it. You will aboslutely love the results even though you wife may not!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 03:49 PM

I've never even heard of the menzerna. I would use the meguiars pads & their product 83 & 80. I also have the porter cable and just ordered the megs products. Check out their web site. www.meguiarsonline.com
Old 06-03-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by davered00ss
I've never even heard of the menzerna. I would use the meguiars pads & their product 83 & 80. I also have the porter cable and just ordered the megs products. Check out their web site. www.meguiarsonline.com
1) This thread is almost a year old
2) Just because you've never heard of something doesn't mean it's a bad product

-Mike
Old 06-03-2007, 04:37 PM

Didn't say it was a bad product, just that I never heard of it. The thread was at the top, didn't check the date. Someone must have voted in the poll to bring it up.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:39 AM
FormerVendor

www.tropi-care.com Check out our Porter Cable kits, it has everything you need to handle almost any situation. Combine it with one of our bucket kits and you really can handle anything.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZaneO
I like Menzerna polishes and Zaino or Pinnacle to finish it off.

Someone after my own heart. I use both the Menzerna and Pinnacle religiously.

My car isn't pictured much on this site. I've still got a few things left to take care of before I ***** it. I'll have some pics up after my Sonoco hood gets painted and FM5's get back from the powdercoater.

Friends call it an illness. I call it a hobby. Here's a small pic of a little scratch removal.

After wash and clay:

During Menzerna twins:

After everything was said and done:

Quick Reply: Best Polishing System for new Porter Cable 7424