Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New to maros'

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 07:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to maros'

I'm going to buy a 98 Z28. It's black with the gm ground effects package. It is lowered also. This will be my first camaro so I was wondering what are the popular apperance mods and how much they are and where i can get them. I've heard about a lot of them but I don't know what they actually are.

Thanks
Old 06-07-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by got V-8?
I'm going to buy a 98 Z28. It's black with the gm ground effects package. It is lowered also. This will be my first camaro so I was wondering what are the popular apperance mods and how much they are and where i can get them. I've heard about a lot of them but I don't know what they actually are.

Thanks
I like the ground effects at least the factory ones but few here do so be prepared for a lot of "take off the gfx" comments. Putting clear corners on and doing the Whistler mod to the headlights are a couple. Removing the body side molding is another. A lot of us fill in the CAMARO on the back panel. I used stainless for those fill ins. Most people ditch the factory grill as well. Many here do the Berger mod which is taking the back panel between the tail lights and making it black. Those are a few I can remember.

Have fun with your new toy!
Old 06-07-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

clear corners are a must(30-50 bucks).....and since yours is black i suggst an aftermarket grille(50 bucks)....and either the whistler mod(free!!! just search for info) or halo headlights(150-200 of your hard earned money but worth every cent)...since its lowered the gfx are not as needed for appearence but id keep um...and id deff get diffrent wheels then stock(price??????depends obviously but can pic up some nice new ones w/ tires for under 1500)....and deff tint the windows(150-200 thats a gimme)
all can be found on ebay, but research befor you buy
Old 06-07-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree about keeping the ground effects. I love the way it looks on my friends ride:

Old 06-07-2006, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

simply put... some rims man
Old 06-07-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

louie83 your car is freakin nice....reminds me of mine
Old 06-07-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice ride, I really like that subtle graphics on Camaros.

That car I posted is not mine though, it is a friends. If I had a Camaro, the first thing I would do is put this hood on it.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Regular

I think I'm going to do the whistler mod since money is kinda tight since I just bought the car. The windows are already tinted. I don't know how much i would like clear corners. I kinda like the straight stealthy black look. I'm going to keep the gfx. And for now I'll keep the chrome wheels that are on it. How about hoods. I really like a big cowl. Where can i find a big cowl for a good price?
Old 06-07-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

I had the GFX. I was debating on taking them off for awhile So I took it off and will never ever look back! But thats jut me. If I was you I would buy some nightshade for your tails corners etc/ And go with the whole blacked out look I love mine that way. Same exact car I have by the way.