Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: red true flames up ws6 hood in stripe form?
Yay
64.86%
Nay
35.14%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Idea for exterior appearance... yay or nay

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006 | 09:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Superman09
As for top part of the wing... do you mean the entire spoiler unattached by unbolting from inside the hatch? or the top of the poiler disconnects from underneath the spoiler? it looks like there may be an added top to the spoiler unless its jsut a little line all around it.
Nope it just unbolts.

You know about the IROC spoiler on the '01+ Firehawks? All they do is unbolt the T/A spoiler and bolt on the IROC attachment. I've see the lower hatch seperated from the wing. I know for a fact it's only some bolts and double sided tape holding it on. ~Joshua
Old 06-11-2006 | 09:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

It looks like there is 3 bolts running down each side under the hatch to remove the spoiler and possible 2 in the middle underneath the little panel. See what im talking about tho as to the very top layer to the spoiler itself... does that remove?

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 06-11-2006 | 09:43 AM
Banned

It looks like there is 3 bolts running down each side under the hatch to remove the spoiler and possible 2 in the middle underneath the little panel. See what im talking about tho as to the very top layer to the spoiler itself... does that remove?
The wing itself has some studs sticking downward. Those studs pass through reciever holes in the hatch and some nuts secure the wing to the hatch. I think you have to remove an access panel fron under the hatch to get at the bolts. Forgot that part. My buddy had to remove his IROC spoiler to have it touched up. He drove around with just the lower hatch for a couple days. Looked alien.
Old 06-11-2006 | 09:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

lol

Any idea what new spoilers cost? maybe i'll get a diff one repainted.... any aftermarket ones look as good as stock or better?

Old 06-11-2006 | 09:49 AM
Banned

lol

Any idea what new spoilers cost? maybe i'll get a diff one repainted.... any aftermarket ones look as good as stock or better?
I don't know of any aftermarket unless it Mecham or the SLP IROC.

Any Trans Am spoiler (not Formula) from '93 to now will bolt right up to yours.
Old 06-11-2006 | 09:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

hmm, let me check out the iroc.... Might be easier to ship out a new one, the n i can always go back!

Old 06-11-2006 | 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'd do the flames in gunmetal and silver and change your theme to black with gunmetal and silver.

Would look 10 times better and I gauruntee you'd be only car with gunmetal and silver true flames.
Old 06-11-2006 | 10:13 AM
Banned

hmm, let me check out the iroc.... Might be easier to ship out a new one, the n i can always go back!
Yup. Here's a couple pics of the IROC for reference. I started a poll in the special edition section and it's 42 to 3x in favor of the IROC on a Firehawk.

Old 06-11-2006 | 10:17 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I personally like a higher rise spoiler more, jsut to give more edge to the trans am lines. I actually like the mecham the most...

As for switching to silver flames.... that would mean getting my intake and FRC's redone, getting a new STB, redoing my battery top since its red top, ditching all my emblems, getting my headrests redone, too much IMO. i like the red..... i havent seen many Red DOMINATE true flames either. i've been comtemplating a full switch over to silver.... but would be a lot of work and money

Old 06-11-2006 | 10:44 AM
Banned

Tough decision on the colors. I'd only do the IROC on a Firehawk and *I* personally like the high rise more on mine.
Old 06-11-2006 | 10:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Incons! lol. Im thinking if i get the STS this summer, that will rid my airbox, i could get an LS6 intake and ship it with the FRCs to get repainted with silver frames and swap out my hotchkis brace for a polished one. Then just ditch all my emblems on the exterior and redo the headrests.... What do you guys think... Look better red or silver, i've been thinking about this a lot lately and i cant make up my mind! I think i'd like silver more with flames as it would be super unique and more subtle but i'd be some work.

Old 06-11-2006 | 10:51 AM
Banned

Incons! lol. Im thinking if i get the STS this summer, that will rid my airbox, i could get an LS6 intake and ship it with the FRCs to get repainted with silver frames and swap out my hotchkis brace for a polished one. Then just ditch all my emblems on the exterior and redo the headrests.... What do you guys think... Look better red or silver, i've been thinking about this a lot lately and i cant make up my mind! I think i'd like silver more with flames as it would be super unique and more subtle but i'd be some work.
You can definately get your money back on the red flamed stuff. People wont have to wait for the work to be done so somebody will jump on it. I like the silver, but the grass is greener on the other side. Red is bad a$$ too.

If you decide to add polished or chrome stuff eigther color will work great. I'd personally stick with the red intake and build around it. Even if you get rid of the other red badges/decor the intake works all by itself.

I guess you saw the twin turbo purchase I made?
Old 06-11-2006 | 10:54 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

well yea, i posted up giving you a W00T! lol. However, if i keep the red on the engine, then the flames o nthe hood would have to be red too. Still undecided....

Old 06-11-2006 | 11:04 AM
Banned

Seriously bro, I'd leave your ride just as it is. *beautiful*

You may want to get the front repainted to clean up some rock chips, but the car is tastefull and not over the top. Not everybody likes flames so you're constantly going to get a love it/hate it type response from people.

Spend that same cash towards the STS and I think you may be happier in the end when it's said and done. You know STS let's you put down 10% percent and finance then rest over 2 years. Get 1 grand together and paying the other 3k over 2 years will be a breeze.

p.s.- yeah I knew you posted in the twin turbo thread I just worded it wrong.
Old 06-11-2006 | 11:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yea your probably right actually. I think its these dam ram air emblems are bugging me, they just dont look right.... but if i take them off it could look empty, why i thought up the flame idea. Yea that is a good idea for the STS, i already have well over a grand saved for it, but i dont think straight threw STS is what iwant... i can get a sweet deal from TRT with many upgrades for a little more than a base kit straight from STS so i think im going to go that route. Any other suggestions for hood..... ditching these ram air decals? thanks for all your input josh... your a great guy!

Old 06-11-2006 | 11:14 AM
Banned

Thanks bro, and no it won't look barren without the decals. Plenty of guys here don't have 'em.

In fact, you could strip the door badges, decals and repaint the front bird black and still wouldn't be bad. To some people it would be perfect.

Remember, we're both young, so we can't leave things alone, but if you were just 10 years older you'd probably de-clutter everything and say "damn, that's perfect now."

If I had your car I'd leave it just as it is. After a year or so I'd probably get tired of the red too and simply strip the red off. I wouldn't add stripes or flames though, I might add a Mecham rear spoiler and then I'd go for the boost. ~Joshua
Old 06-11-2006 | 11:21 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yea, well your a cool guy and ireally like your suggestions. Your totally right about us being young and wanting to switch things up a lot but your probably right.. lol. If i can run across a mecham spoiler already black i may pick it up, but your right... for now... turbo saving time.. and a stall since i have the gay auto, lol. So you think i sould keep the ram air in red for now?

Old 06-11-2006 | 11:28 AM
Banned

yea, well your a cool guy and ireally like your suggestions. Your totally right about us being young and wanting to switch things up a lot but your probably right.. lol. If i can run across a mecham spoiler already black i may pick it up, but your right... for now... turbo saving time.. and a stall since i have the gay auto, lol. So you think i sould keep the ram air in red for now?
Yeah, leave ram air decals on. Because you have the door badges and bird it ties in nicely, if you take any out of the equation then it would be off looking.

Caution on the stall speed... Here's some advice, if you get a 3,200 or higher stall it will be constantly slipping around town at part throttle and it'll feel like a dog. Plus because it's slipping all the time it's putting a lot of heat into the tranny fluid. If you drive the car alot you may consider a 2,800 or less, it will still give you a big improvemnet when you floor it and wont feel slower around part throttle cruising like a big stall will.

Gotta run, see ya later. ~Joshua
Old 06-11-2006 | 11:30 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

also question... theres a few items im looking for to finish up under the hood and im wondering if you'll be making them or not. All the caps for stuff polished. i believe there are 5 im looking for.. brake fluid, power steering, coolant, washer fluid, and the do not open thing, lol. Looking for caps for those in polished. i believe MBA made them so there hard to ocme by but i'd like some. Also a head plate like MBA made with "trans am" inscribed in it. LMK

Old 06-11-2006 | 02:28 PM
Banned

also question... theres a few items im looking for to finish up under the hood and im wondering if you'll be making them or not. All the caps for stuff polished. i believe there are 5 im looking for.. brake fluid, power steering, coolant, washer fluid, and the do not open thing, lol. Looking for caps for those in polished. i believe MBA made them so there hard to ocme by but i'd like some. Also a head plate like MBA made with "trans am" inscribed in it. LMK
The caps were made in a die. I won't have the caps in metal, only carbon fiber. There's more than this but this, here's just a quick look at some of the covers/caps. Pick a color...

Quick Reply: Idea for exterior appearance... yay or nay