Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Painting engine...Will it flake if not high temp?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Painting engine...Will it flake if not high temp?

My buddy wants to paint his 454 in his chevelle to match the color of his car..The problrm is they don't offer his color in high temp paint...WIll the stock paint flake off...and how long before it does?....Thanks
Old 06-10-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

did you see the episode that stacy did on Trucks (spike tv show) wehre he was showing the ways to paint the block, you could do ratle can or with auto paint, you just treat the block the same way you would with the car, getting rid of all the pores and then real good cleaning then primering and sanding and the rest of the steps. he did it on a hemi motor if i remember corectly. he used same paint as he did on the hairy hauler
Old 06-10-2006, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reject
did you see the episode that stacy did on Trucks (spike tv show) wehre he was showing the ways to paint the block, you could do ratle can or with auto paint, you just treat the block the same way you would with the car, getting rid of all the pores and then real good cleaning then primering and sanding and the rest of the steps. he did it on a hemi motor if i remember corectly. he used same paint as he did on the hairy hauler
No, I missed that one...I have my block sandblasted right now...I'm just wondering what should i use prior ? A rattle can? etc....Thanks...
Old 06-10-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

he used actual primer in a spray gun, painted everything the same way you would paint a door or a fender