Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

sticker remover?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default sticker remover?

How do you remove the dealership sticker on a car without damaging the paint? I have one on the tail end of the car on the driver side with the "firehawk" on the passenger side. I want to remove it and get the chrome "SLP" emblem where the dealership sticker is.
Do they make an adhesive remover spray or something?
Old 06-11-2006, 09:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try WD-40. Spray the area good and let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes. Peel up an edge of the decal and hit the glue underneath with more WD-40, peel farther, repeat - it should come right up, and WD-40 won't hurt your paint - but I'd still clean it off good afterwards.

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 06-11-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i bought a clear coat save product from auto zone called "sticker remover" haha yea i know how point blank can u get...but it WORKS..i used it to get my side moldings and badges off and also a stupid sticker that was on the back of the car when i bought it that said, "HOG OWNER" and it had a pic of a pig on a bike with leather **** on LOL
Old 06-11-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You use a heat gun (idk if you have one) or a blow dryer, and you wet the area with water or like a spray detailer, and then just move it back and forth. DO NOT leave it on one area and stay a good distance away. After a few mintues, it will come right up. I did it all the time on used cars, cause I used to detail them and they would come into the dealership with bumper stickers, decals from other dealerships, etc. Works great.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

make sure you pick it off, DONT scrape it off. you can pick up dirt and other debris and totally scratch your cear in that area. it wont be real noticeable, unless the light hits it just right. dont ask how i know

Quick Reply: sticker remover?