Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Death from Above

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Death from Above

... in a parking garage. Damn I hate birds. Looks like a couple got a perch over my car and stayed there eating and shittin all night. This morning I get into work and see it. Had some quick detailer in the car but no towels.

I used the QD with some paper tissues from work to get the poop off. The other option was to let it bake in the sun all day. You guys think I made the right call using tissue paper and scratching up the paint? I figure I can polish that off, but bird-crap would eat through my clearcoat.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

I keep a microfiber towel and detail spray next to the spare tire for that same situation.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

You should keep a shotgun hooked in your hatch area for these little unworthy birds or for that too curious cop . . . I said nothing
Old 06-13-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would've waited to take it home. If you had a good coat of wax/sealant on, it would've held you over.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DEATH to the s**t bombing evil birds from hell!! lol yea that sucks man
Old 06-13-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

lol bird ownage is always funny
Old 06-14-2006, 06:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well here is my theory....

ever notice why shitty cars don't get crapped on? When a bird is flying over head or looking around, they same all types of colors. Birds onl **** on my car after I have just detailed it and made it look really good. I think they notice a bright, sparkly object so they go and **** on it because nothing else stands out to them. I've never seen a shitty car covered in ****, just nice cars. Maybe if people stopped feeding them crackers, crumbs, cookies, steaks, maybe some would die off instead of them doing a bombing run on my car. All done.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

i'd say buy a bird bath, make it look real priddy, sprinkle some alka-seltzer pills in the water, an watch the lil birdies come to take their bath...then PLOW!!! haha.. be the last bath that lil bird will take. keep that up, an there will be less birds flyin around, greatly reducing the possibility of covering ur car in their juice.

alternative is to stick a bird's head on ur antenna an just drive around like that. maybe it'll have the same effect as it did in the old days.. birds will think twice when they see tweetie-bird's head stuck on ur antenna.

Quick Reply: Death from Above