Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

AC Automotive Camaro Cup Supercar Replica

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1BRN
it will cost less than 5000, with out the wheels and paint.

where he is, the labor is so cheap ppl have some one change a flat tire.
Wheels, paint, and removable hard top put's it right the mark if not more.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

I think if you take off the wing and some of the vent/louver things, it's completely badass.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

To the guys that say it cant be used for drag racing please explain. I know the design itself was for a completly different purpose but as long as I'm not adding wieght why cant it make a few runs at the strip?
Old 06-17-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car has such a high wing because they didn't put vortex generators on the rear edge of the roofline. If they had, the same wing would function just as well (likely better) and sit only 6-8 inches off the decklid. That would look pretty sick on the street too!

Just watch out for speed bumps...
Old 06-17-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whats the engine specs on this car?
Old 06-17-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LvDemKings
That's fine, more power to him, going fast is always cool. But that's not what his question was.

Not closeminded, just opinionated. And that is what he asked for. I, however, did not ask for your opinion.

So I went back and read his original post, and I think it may look better with narrower front fenders. I don't know if this is what he has in mind when he says "to not go as wide." Given the visual respresentation of that specific car, it will strongly influence perception, whether or not it is an accurate depiction of his plans. In comparison, I love the look of the Dick Harrell cars. The subtleness to the body's wider lines make it desirable. But when I see huge fenders and a huge wing and read of plans to put it on a street car, I can't help but think of a widebody Honda Civic, Del Sol, or something of that nature.

As for the owner, I can't wait to see pics because I hope it looks good when you are done.

Well, I gave you my opinion because you called a purpose built car RICE with absolutely no explanation of your reasoning. The car that was shown is a race car and EVERYTHING on that car from the so called huge wing to the heat extractors to the fender vents have a purpose, so how is that rice?
AND, I will continue to call out you people who seem to call everything that is slightly different "rice" because it shows a level of ignorance and one track thinking that is simply amazing. This is a pet peave of mine because a lot of you have basically let the ricers "claim" certain things and make it theirs. I guess superchargers and turbo chargers, by that reasoning, are rice because that crowd has used them extensively in their cars??
Old 06-17-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I agree with parbreak completely. The guy's effort of explaining was as pathetic as the original rice post.

Now to the original poster.....build it!! Its fuking awesome and I wouldnt change a thing. I noticed you will also have to go with 98+headlights, right? I only hope you would reconsider the powerplant. Build it, post pics and shut the haters!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

holy crap i've never seen a car like that before, very kick ***!
Old 06-17-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chaman
I agree with parbreak completely. The guy's effort of explaining was as pathetic as the original rice post.

Now to the original poster.....build it!! Its fuking awesome and I wouldnt change a thing. I noticed you will also have to go with 98+headlights, right? I only hope you would reconsider the powerplant. Build it, post pics and shut the haters!!!
I have since PMed parbreak explaining the following, which I will explain as an attempt to prohibit anyone else from focusing on the rice comment in the future as opposed to what the thread was created for (Honda Hunter's plans).

The rice smiley was to refer to Honda Hunter's plans (Not the AC Cup Supercar), which I explained earlier I did not completely understand the first time. I was thinking he was putting huge fenders and a wing on for no specific purpose, which I have come to understand as rice, especially when it is so similar to what ricers would do. However, after finding out that he plans for his car to be narrower, with the possiblity of a smaller wing, I have only speculation on which to form an opinion, which I will hold until I see it done. I think the idea he has involves things I would change to it, which is why I said I'd like to see pics when it is done.

As far as the original Rice post, maybe that wasn't an accurate response. I should have explained that I didn't like it and why. I now realize that I hate it when other people post just like that without an explanation, so I apologize for not originally explaining the opinion. Hopefully this clears some things up and we can get back on topic, sorry Honda Hunter.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
Wheels, paint, and removable hard top put's it right the mark if not more.

your best choice for wheels is to order, you wont find anything in Bahrain.

I think it would be kick *** project and cant wait to see the Final product, wish you allthe best man.

oh, and sorry about last night, we got stuck in KSA, would have loved to meet up with you and the guys.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:12 AM
TECH Addict

your best choice for wheels is to order, you wont find anything in Bahrain.

I think it would be kick *** project and cant wait to see the Final product, wish you allthe best man.

oh, and sorry about last night, we got stuck in KSA, would have loved to meet up with you and the guys.
I'm sure I cant get 18x12's here. Ill mabey order them from tomzwheels. Thanks for all the help bro. If it wasnt for you I wouldve already brought a POS C4 or that Skyline lol. Next time you gotta meet up with us bro
Old 06-18-2006, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
I'm sure I cant get 18x12's here. Ill mabey order them from tomzwheels. Thanks for all the help bro. If it wasnt for you I wouldve already brought a POS C4 or that Skyline lol. Next time you gotta meet up with us bro

ooh speaking of which, do u want me to still look around for C4's?

coz i've been nagging on one, haha.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:08 AM
TECH Addict

I'm going to stick with this project for now but if you do find a C4 cheap or rolling chassis let me know.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the PM, very stand up guy!!
Old 06-18-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

You could take it down the strip its just so wide, its made for road racing!
Old 06-18-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by parbreak
Well, I gave you my opinion because you called a purpose built car RICE with absolutely no explanation of your reasoning. The car that was shown is a race car and EVERYTHING on that car from the so called huge wing to the heat extractors to the fender vents have a purpose, so how is that rice?
AND, I will continue to call out you people who seem to call everything that is slightly different "rice" because it shows a level of ignorance and one track thinking that is simply amazing. This is a pet peave of mine because a lot of you have basically let the ricers "claim" certain things and make it theirs. I guess superchargers and turbo chargers, by that reasoning, are rice because that crowd has used them extensively in their cars??
Old 06-18-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BitViper

Just venting, it's all good!!
Old 06-18-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Regular

where he is, the labor is so cheap ppl have some one change a flat tire.

if only we can find someone willing to change wheels at 10pm... oh well..

anyway i think that kit looks pretty damn good... wont cost too much here, but u definately need the power to back it up otherwise it will suck
Old 06-18-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by parbreak
Just venting, it's all good!!

Yeah I know..on some of the motorcycle boards I belong to, if anyone talks about doing awheelie..their labeld "squids"...

Jeezh!

Party On
Old 06-18-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks good, the only problem I see is that when you drive it, your gonna get major scratching on that front lower lip. You may wanna consider a air ride setup to help with that.

Quick Reply: AC Automotive Camaro Cup Supercar Replica