Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Why is it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They allways seem to be attracted to "Oh, theres a nice car he wont ding my car if i park next to him." but then forget to follow thier same princlpes and whack the heck out of our cars. I always look for trees or a flag and park with the direction of the wind, so, if the wind blows it will only blow thier doors closed. and i am VERY bad at double parking, i use the line more to find the middle of my car than to park between. My girlfriends favorite quote is "You are the kind of people i hate the most."
Old 07-02-2006, 03:44 AM
On The Tree

A friend of mine had this happen in his 97 F150. He was dedicated to that truck like we are to our cars. One day someone parked so close to his driver door he had to get in from the passenger side. He cranked up his truck, opened his door, gave the suburban a quick ding and hauled off.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by todddchi
Went something like this:

First day driving new (to me) '93 Formula + Mid 70's Ford Fairmount + Bad ding w/ paint = pulled valve stems + toothpicked lock cylinders.

Hey, I was like 19.
Ohhh I need to add toothpicks next to my valve stem remover in the glove box. Thanks for the Idea.

I feel everyone's pain My wife hates it when I say "Let's take the SS" Becuase if some ***** parks next to me I check it over for dings.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by todddchi
Just park right next to the shopping car returns. Nobody goes near those things.

Seriously.

I posted the mother of all ding retaliation stories in a thread like this awhile back. I should find it an link to it...

Went something like this:

First day driving new (to me) '93 Formula + Mid 70's Ford Fairmount + Bad ding w/ paint = pulled valve stems + toothpicked lock cylinders.

Hey, I was like 19.
No! I'd say to never park near those things!

Why? I started my job at Costco and had to start there by pushing carts for 3 months. In that time, I saw more people with disrespect for others' cars than I'd ever imagine. The reason I'd never park there is because you have the lazy people who don't want to walk all the way to the cart corrals. Instead, they'll stand a great distance away and try to power-push the damn thing across the parking lot and hope that it magically ends up in the cart area. Of course, the people that try this have the athletic ability of a 3 year-old girl, so the cart veers and goes off to the left or right, often hitting others' cars. Do they watch to see where it goes after they push it? Nope, just push it and turn around to get in their car. Some people will simply give thier cart a little push away from their car and then hop in and drive off. God I hate people.

I've also been known for getting revenge on cars that park close to me and hit my doors. One time I had some of those big black dress boots on and I found that this POS Caprice had parked about a foot from my door and smashed it hard when he got out. Needless to say, his car's doors recieved my booted foot a couple of times. Or when I got a really good ding from another person's door, I just lodge a key nonchalantly in between my knuckles. As you casually walk in between your car and theirs, give it a nice, deep gouge for a couple of inches. I figure getting that fixed costs about the same as a door ding.

When you screw up my car, you'll get it back.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

Had some friends invite me to a bar a while ago. I went out of my way to park far away to avoid drunks. Still got my rear quarter panel caved in an inch. Now the light cover sticks out :\

At least the black streak washed off.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a bologna. Put it on the car that left a scratch/ding on your fbody. Bologna messes up paint.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ryanfx

this one pissed me off so much I had to take a picture.. I walk out of the mall with litterally thousands of parking spots open, I parked in the litteral last spot and this piece of &#% is NEXT to me???? I looked at my car over 6 times before I left, if he had left me a ding I would have left him a little present.
People do this because they know what you're trying to do. I don't park out away from anybody, any time, at any place. I've only had one "ding" in over 5 years. Personally, I think that people who DO park wayyyy out in BFE or take up two spots need to realize that it's just a car... lol
Old 07-02-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I took my dad to the Honda dealership and I was just waiting for him to come out. I am like 30 ft from my car and this chick comes flying up in a prelude. She is so close to my drivers side, I had to enter through the open T-top. I gave her the WTF look and she ACTUALLY apolgized. No dings, and at least she knew she jacked up.

Last edited by Beasst8; 07-02-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

OH, and my buddy and I were coming out of a movie (in DC) and we walk past this sweet Lamborghini Murcielago. My buddy noticed a "scratch" tip to tail. About 5 min later, we are standing out waiting for the wives.....the owner shows up at his car and (of course) FLIPPED OUT. So sad that a mans automobile isnt safe anymore. Jelous A-holes.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Launching!

I had just bought my black Z28 and I had only had it for three days, I took it to work *at walmart* and when I came back to it for lunch someone keyed my whole hood as hard as they possibly could and then left a shopping car lodged as tight as they could between my car and someone eleses. I started crying when I saw it and I just sat there my whole lunch break wondering why anyone would do that.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:56 AM
Staging Lane

I was at the mall, walking towards my car, and I see some *** that parked next to me getting in his car, banging his door into mine, I go up to my car and check it out, the douche wouldnt even look at me, he just stared straight forward. God I hate people.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by UAZ28SS
People do this because they know what you're trying to do. I don't park out away from anybody, any time, at any place. I've only had one "ding" in over 5 years. Personally, I think that people who DO park wayyyy out in BFE or take up two spots need to realize that it's just a car... lol

its not just car it cost some of us lots of money just for some dumbass to *** it up. Im sure your not going to be saying that if it happens again to your nice looking ride you have there .. you going to be =(
Old 07-03-2006, 07:58 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I've found that backing into spaces often leaves much fewer door dings on the metal quarter panels of these f-bodies. Most people are too lazy to back in with you, so they just pull in and put their door against your door. At least our plastic doors and front fenders don't dent
Old 07-03-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I've found that backing into spaces often leaves much fewer door dings on the metal quarter panels of these f-bodies. Most people are too lazy to back in with you, so they just pull in and put their door against your door. At least our plastic doors and front fenders don't dent
yup. i always back in and usually back up enough to put my rear view mirrors into the path of the car doors. i have managed to get zero dents in my quarter pannels because of this.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by rayvendawn
I had just bought my black Z28 and I had only had it for three days, I took it to work *at walmart* and when I came back to it for lunch someone keyed my whole hood as hard as they possibly could and then left a shopping car lodged as tight as they could between my car and someone eleses. I started crying when I saw it and I just sat there my whole lunch break wondering why anyone would do that.

Wow thats really bad, did you make somebody mad, or do you think it was just some random act of idiocy? Either way thats just plain fucked up.

Quick Reply: Why is it?