Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Clear Bra?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clear Bra?

Has anyone tried one of those clear bras? I know 3M makes them as well as some other companies, but I was just wondering if anybody has expierience with them and if they are reccomended? I can't see being able to take it off and put it back on every time I want to wash though since it's sticky, right? Wouldn't you have to get a new one?

Anyway, does anybody know how well they work?
Old 06-20-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also interested in this. I've read of people just washing/waxing the clear bra while it's on the car. I'd be willing to take a hit in shine/depth to protect my paint from road rash.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've heard they work very well but it wqould be smart to have them professionally installed. Its like a giant sticker on the front end so unless your good at putting on one that size go for it. I don't know how well they hold up but I imagine pretty well. Its suppose to be good for deflecting stones and bugs ect..
Old 06-20-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

A guy at work has one on the front end of his black BMW 325i. I couldn't even notice it until I got really close up to the car and noticed the cutting around the badge on the front. His friend had just started doing this stuff so there were a couple of bubbles in the film, nothing major or really noticable. Looks good.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

A lot of people on another board I visit say they turn yellow eventually?
Old 06-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

I seen em on a brand new c6 z06 at a car show, looked great, even had it on the mirrors, but I didn't notice ANY untill he showed it to me, I'd buy it in a heart beat for my car.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Would it be possible to fit this over the front of our cars? I mean just look in my sig...that's a lot of damn curves and holes...

I think it would be great if you could hide the line in the seam where the bumper meets the hood and other panels.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm planning on getting my bumper painted in the fall so I'd be real intrested in this. I have a million stone chips on my otherwise perfect paint!
Old 06-21-2006, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

i dont think they turn yellow, they're made by 3M, and i know they're put on high end cars, but if they do turn yellow, i know they can take it off and replace it. i wish i would have had one on my car, i got a lot of chips on my front end
Old 06-21-2006, 04:32 AM
TECH Addict

Friend has it on front of his new C6 - just as was stated before - I would have never known until he showed me. The parting line where it meets the paint is very unoticeable.

Supposedly the best company to go with for our cars is EXPEL (it is a 3M product) and most DEFINITELY you should have it professionally installed - especially on our cars with the multiple curves.

It is also a good idea to have it done after the front of the car has been repainted so there are no defects in the paint (which will show thru the clear bra).

I have only ever seen it on show cars that don't see that much time outdoors so I have no experience with any yellowing issues...

-Jay-
Old 06-21-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't know if they still have this but, it does have alot of curves
http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/3mpaprkit19t.html
Seems to be different kinds also
http://www.clearbra.net/

Quick Reply: Clear Bra?