Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Post up some pics of your white WS6's

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NOSJNKY
Nothing real special but heres a coupla pics...
Dude, those pics are straight car sex!!
Old 07-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

I'm think about some subtle pinstripes of some sort between the ram air humps, some lettering (such as LS1 or something) on the foward fender area near where it meets the bumper, some sort of badge or something on the bumper where it meets the hood to smooth the transition and blend with the pinstrips on hood, and maybe a black imperial logo from star wars (yes, I know that is geeky) or a black firebird symbol on the sail panel. Whatever I do I want to be subtle and tasteful. In the future I would like some nice black rims, maybe.

edit - This is what the imperial logo looks like in case anyone cares. I think it would look tasteful.

Last edited by 2KWS6TA; 07-26-2006 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

This is from a while ago now it has CCW Classic's on it and is getting a custom paint job.

-Chris

Last edited by Chris@NitroDaves; 07-26-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00'WS6Rocket
Heres the power plant sorry no bling bling yet lol

Where can I find these "valve" covers (I guess they're really called PCM covers, I knew they weren't actually valve covers), how much do they cost, and are they difficult to install?

I see a vague entry at Speed Inc but not much info.

Last edited by 2KWS6TA; 07-26-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's mine
Attached Thumbnails Post up some pics of your white WS6's-rear-end-shot.jpg   Post up some pics of your white WS6's-driver-side-fender-hood-shot.jpg   Post up some pics of your white WS6's-driver-side-shot.jpg   Post up some pics of your white WS6's-front-shot.jpg   Post up some pics of your white WS6's-interior-shot.jpg  

Old 07-26-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Resident

They're called fuel rail covers and they made them for the corvettes so you have to do a little work to them to make 'em fit buts its really easy, I bought mine from the chevy dealer they install by clipping to the fuel rails, you have to do a little cutting for them to fit but its a simple job. I can get you some more info/pic's if you want
Old 07-26-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Man I just noticed those white leather seats, were they stock on the 25th? Looks real nice, must be a b*tch to keep clean.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, those are stock on the 30th, and the 25th
Old 07-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00'WS6Rocket
They're called fuel rail covers and they made them for the corvettes so you have to do a little work to them to make 'em fit buts its really easy, I bought mine from the chevy dealer they install by clipping to the fuel rails, you have to do a little cutting for them to fit but its a simple job. I can get you some more info/pic's if you want
I knew the 'vettes came with them but I wasn't sure if they were the same pieces but know I know. Thanks. How much did they cost you and did you paint them yourself? If you did, did you spray paint them or use actual painting equipment?
Old 07-26-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I used a spray can.. dupli color from NAPA. Sanded down the original paint, threw a whole can a primer on there, sanded it a little bit, then put almost a whole can of "semi-gloss" black. Just take your time and make sure you mask it off well and its actually really easy.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is a pic of mine...

Old 07-26-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

^^^^ I did the same thing as phillip00ws6 all the stuff can be found at local auto store, be aware that there are two different versions of these the double fuel cut outs and the single, I have the part number for the double fuel cut out if you want/need them.. First check out ebay for these cause the'yre prolly cheaper then the dealer. and you can pick up some of the stickers that i used or different ones off ebay.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

blackbird stripes and ceta does wonders for this color
Old 07-27-2006, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Old 07-28-2006, 04:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2KWS6TA

I'm think about some subtle pinstripes of some sort between the ram air humps, some lettering (such as LS1 or something) on the foward fender area near where it meets the bumper, some sort of badge or something on the bumper where it meets the hood to smooth the transition and blend with the pinstrips on hood, and maybe a black imperial logo from star wars (yes, I know that is geeky) or a black firebird symbol on the sail panel. Whatever I do I want to be subtle and tasteful. In the future I would like some nice black rims, maybe.

edit - This is what the imperial logo looks like in case anyone cares. I think it would look tasteful.

when did you do that rear stripe?? did you steal that from me? i havent seen anyones lese do that until i posted mine.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Junkie

dude gotta appreciate a 30th anniversary T.A.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll have to post a link to a guy in PA that used to have a conv. 30th. triple white. It's great.

http://userweb.suscom.net/~jasonrogers/1998firebird.htm

So here's mine, it's not a Ws6, but it's white! I've had it less than a year, and right about the same time moved into a house, so I haven't done much. I bought a hood, and still haven't painted it... I know, I know. I'm supposed to get a deal from a friend if I put one of his shops decals on he'll do it for free. But he's always "busy" I'm about to just move on. However, I've heard a lot from people that like the black on white hood. What do you guys think??

Last edited by staff23; 07-30-2006 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

i'd paint it man
Old 07-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brynnda
when did you do that rear stripe?? did you steal that from me? i havent seen anyones lese do that until i posted mine.
I would guess I put the stripe on spring or early summer '05 (I've been in Iraq for almost a year so it wouldn't have been since I've been frequenting this site). I don't remember if I saw any other cars with a stripe prior to mine. If I did, it would have been in person and not online. I wanted something that would flow well with the license plate cover I got.

I did a little research and found your post from May.

Originally Posted by brynnda
oh hell no. hence the stripe, ive never seen anyone else do that, hopefully im the only one.
Hope you're not too disappointed. It's funny to see where our opinions are very similar on what to do to our cars. I agree with you that the CETA mod is too much on a white car (most of the time) and I was thinking about clear markers on the corners (especially as opposed to black ones which stand out too much, again most of the time). I see you've also put the bird on the sail panels although I think I would place them on mine a bit lower, where the panel is a little wider. I thought about broad black stripes on the hood but I'm thinkning more along the lines of thinner stripes such as the blackbird stripes or the pinstripes in between the humps. Maybe if I ever get back around Vegas we can compare them. I'm supposed to redeploy from Iraq in August. They have me on assignment to Germany reporting in April but I'm trying to go recruiting which will put me God knows where. If I do go to Germany at least I'll find out exactly how fast she'll go in person!

Last edited by 2KWS6TA; 07-30-2006 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this thread makes me miss my white WS6. I want to buy it back. anybody know a way of locating a car? i have the VIN

Quick Reply: Post up some pics of your white WS6's