Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

VHT nightshade question

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006 | 05:59 PM
Teching In

Default VHT nightshade question

Hey guys a quick question for all you. I was thinking of getting some smoked headlights for my 01 cobra and i had an idea. The headlights would look great i think if they were blacked out with nightshade. The only problem is VHT says nightshade is meant for tail lights, corners and fog lights. It dosen't say anything about headlights. So what do you guys think? Would some nightshade work on my headlights and if so would i suffer from poor lighting or any negative effects? I'm curious because god knows i'd rather spend 1o bucks on a can of nightshade then 200 on new headlights. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2006 | 06:03 PM
Tech Resident

I think it should work on any plastic, and since you can regulate how much you spray on you shouldnt have any problem with them getting to dark, hers a good write-up:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-body-work/447719-vht-nite-shades-write-up-installation-preparation.html
Old 10-28-2007 | 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

It might work, but if I were you I'd get some brighter bulbs just in case. It wouldn't hurt and i think you could sand it off if you really needed to.