Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

First GS stripes I've liked...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 02:01 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kman
I am confused. From the reading I have done, NO SS Camaro's came in MMM. Did Tom Henry put SS badges on a Z28?
Pretty sure they just painted a new SS an "other than factory" color... I'd be surprised if it really is MMM.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never had a topic started about my car. Thanks for your interest.

Yes this is a MMM, although not a WU8 car. This car like every WU8 started out as a Z28, only this one was earmarked for GMMG and the Tom Henry phase program. If you go back on some history, the first SLP cars were not SS either, but a code ID'd them for the SS/SLP package where they were sent back and forth for the various upgrades. Only later did Chevrolet stream line the process inducting the SS/SLP program. This car is registered (in the Camaro white book) as only 1 of 2, six speed MMM phase cars. Matt Murphy of GMMG confirmed this for me when I met him at NAIS for the Camaro unveiling.
I've actually considering selling the car back to Tom Henry, (he wants it back for some reason) to purchase a phase II car (435HP) with only 800 miles. He's to call me back today. I'm kind of up in the air about getting rid of it.
Again, thanks for you interest in my car, and if I can answer any additional questions, please feel free to ask me.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 380SS

Yes this is a MMM, although not a WU8 car. This car like every WU8 started out as a Z28, only this one was earmarked for GMMG and the Tom Henry phase program. If you go back on some history, the first SLP cars were not SS either, but a code ID'd them for the SS/SLP package where they were sent back and forth for the various upgrades. Only later did Chevrolet stream line the process inducting the SS/SLP program. This car is registered (in the Camaro white book) as only 1 of 2, six speed MMM phase cars. Matt Murphy of GMMG confirmed this for me when I met him at NAIS for the Camaro unveiling.
I've actually considering selling the car back to Tom Henry, (he wants it back for some reason) to purchase a phase II car (435HP) with only 800 miles. He's to call me back today. I'm kind of up in the air about getting rid of it.
Again, thanks for you interest in my car, and if I can answer any additional questions, please feel free to ask me.
Thanks for the quick response! I didn't know if you even read your guest book...

The car looks great! What does the Phase II car look like that you are considering?
Old 07-19-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. Very cool!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I recall quite a few berger ZL1s arent "factory GM colors" same with the dick harrell cars. So Im pretty sure the Tom Henry was painted like that...which is sexy.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

damn i love that color combo...especially the stripes and rims AWESOME
Old 07-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
I recall quite a few berger ZL1s arent "factory GM colors" same with the dick harrell cars. So Im pretty sure the Tom Henry was painted like that...which is sexy.
Nope... read a couple threads up, the owner replied .
Old 07-19-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
i'd do my wheels like that, but they look too much like Mustang Bullitt wheels

WRONG! They look better
Old 07-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Thanks for the quick response! I didn't know if you even read your guest book...

The car looks great! What does the Phase II car look like that you are considering?
I have it setup to get automatic emails. Always enjoy comments about my car. The car I'm considering is, hmm, well I can't remember what they called it. Looks kinda orange-is/red. It's on tom henry's website.

Tomhenryracing.com
Old 07-19-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
WRONG! They look better
Agreed! I was going to say "Screw it! They're better than the Bullets!"
Old 07-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Summer
damn i love that color combo...especially the stripes and rims AWESOME

Thanks, that stripe was somthing Tom started doing to his Camaro's about mid year. I believe you can purchase those same stripes on afterthoughtsauto.com

The rims is what hooked me with the car. Berger does Fiske and they look extremely cool, but TT2's are a such classic look.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

Oh and by the way, there are some really sweet looking Camaro's on this board. Some of you folks have put a lot of time and $$ into making these cars look awesome. I saw an engine pic thread and my mouth just dropped. I wish I could get into doing mods like that, but it's hard when you bought into a program car. On one hand you want to mod, on the other you want to maintain the integrity of the car. If I don't get the Phase II Tom is selling, I will just send mine back to Matt and crew and have them do the phase II install. They are able to work wonders with the LS1. Last time I spoke with them, they are guaranteeing just over 500hp at the crank (sea level) with a heads, cam, Long Tube headers (TTS brand) high flow cats.

I'm telling ya, if you got any friends that have the dough, that phase II car was a 75K vehicle out the door. That one he has with only 800 miles is a steal at $37K. That being the #2 car Tom sold should hold some significance also.

Again, thanks for all the nice comments.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What size are those rims? They look awesome on the mmm.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

I have it setup to get automatic emails. Always enjoy comments about my car. The car I'm considering is, hmm, well I can't remember what they called it. Looks kinda orange-is/red. It's on tom henry's website.

Tomhenryracing.com
hey man... i would just like to say your car is probably my favorite fbody i have ever seen! (and let me know first if you ever decide to sell it)
Old 07-20-2006, 12:07 AM
12 Second Club

What about these? I like em'! ... its not like im bias or anything

Old 07-20-2006, 03:44 AM
Launching!

nice car...way to represent the MMM peeps
Old 07-20-2006, 07:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Kman
What size are those rims? They look awesome on the mmm.
17X9, any bigger and I would have to start rolling fenders
Old 07-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by qwikz28
hey man... i would just like to say your car is probably my favorite fbody i have ever seen! (and let me know first if you ever decide to sell it)
Well its about to go up on the block this weekend for 29K.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Banned

Thanks, that stripe was somthing Tom started doing to his Camaro's about mid year. I believe you can purchase those same stripes on afterthoughtsauto.com

The rims is what hooked me with the car. Berger does Fiske and they look extremely cool, but TT2's are a such classic look.
I remember seeing them on his Red car that made the magazines (the stripes were black)... I didn't really like them on his...

I like them on yours a LOT because they are (or at least look) painted and match the rims....

Quick Reply: First GS stripes I've liked...