Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Little Button Under Glove Box

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadhouse
Always go with what the recommended pressure on the tire says, not what the auto manufacturer says. Pontiac, Chevy, Ford, ect... Those guys don't make tires. What with gas prices are these days, the closer to the max pressure you are, the less rolling resistance the the engine has to overcome and that equals better gas mileage. Just my 2 cents.

Even though the people at GM don't make tires doesn't mean you should disregard there suggested tire pressure rating. This is because the suspension engineers claculate the tire spring rate into the over all vehicle suspension calclulations. To get the best ride and handling, keep it at what the car manufacturer suggests.

The psi on the side of your tire is the max pressure and you should only see those kind of pressures if you are hauling something really heavy and the cars handling is suffereing because of the increased weight. Also, with the pressure so high, you will be more likely to roll onto your side wall because there isn't any flex in the tire to keep the tread on the pavement. I would hate to have a blow out on one of my tires if I kept it at 50 psi or higher. That is dangerous.

As for the button underneath the dash, I say it is part of that fancy Viper security system you have. The viper security isn't stock so it might be a valet bypass or something akin to that...
Old 08-19-2006, 08:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Sounds an awful lot like an alarm bypass.

-Mike

My thoughts exactly.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a light switch button for your glove box. My firebird has it and I think my Z has it too. It's like that thing that turns on the fridge light when you open the door, same concept.

Quick Reply: Little Button Under Glove Box