Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

MAD Racing and Arizen Racing seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z28bryan
But do they?

When I attached the sliders to the brackets, and then tried to attach the bracket/slider combo to the seats, the holes dont line up properly between the slider and the seat.

I am trying a different approach with the seat that I didn't strip the threads underneath, and so far I'm struggling to get the sliders to mount up to the seats, never mind attach the bracket afterward.
Alrighty, time for pics **** !!! Hopefully we can see what you're talking about and help !

FYI, my sliders bolted right onto my seats (I put them on there and considered figuring a way to mount them to the floor) as did toofazt's with no problem.... Not being a dick, because they definetly can be confusing, but are you sure they aren't upside down?
Old 02-05-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up using the dremel and grinding stone to cut away a few mm so I could bolt the universal sliders to the MRC seats. So much for universal sliders. The dremel part wasn't a pain at all, but you'd think sliders designed for a specific seat would fit. Maybe they just have a quality control issue? Maybe I got unlucky?
Old 02-05-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by *KANDY SS*
hmmm...

I bought my seats from arizen and the brackets/sliders. They installed in 20 min, but I did drill the holes out so the door wouldn't hit them as much.

got any pics by chance? Did any of the holes line up like 2 holes on one side and then you had to drill the other 2 to fit right or what??
Old 02-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CULATR
got any pics by chance? Did any of the holes line up like 2 holes on one side and then you had to drill the other 2 to fit right or what??
If you do a search he has a thread... His sliders bolted right to the seats, the brackets bolted right to the sliders and then the brackets bolted right to the floor BUT it was hitting the door so he just opened the holes up a little to be able to move the seat away from the door some..
Old 02-06-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Tonight I was going to bolt the brackets up to the MRC universal rails. The bracket holes are almost perfect, but require a bit of grinding toward the middle, because the slider rails are a bit inward. This obviously isn't Arizen's problem as they aren't Arizen seats I am bolting these to. I've ground the brackets almost to clear all the holes. I'll finish it up tomorrow though.

So word of advice, MRC seats don't all bolt up to their sliders perfectly. Also Arizen seat brackets don't all fit perfectly to the MRC sliders. They need a small amount of grinding. Be patient too, don't be an idiot like I did and force anything to fit

Other's may have been more lucky, but in my case I wasn't so lucky. They should be fine though once installed (and once I fix my stripped bolt hole problem)
Old 02-06-2007, 08:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Alrighty, time for pics **** !!! Hopefully we can see what you're talking about and help !

FYI, my sliders bolted right onto my seats (I put them on there and considered figuring a way to mount them to the floor) as did toofazt's with no problem.... Not being a dick, because they definetly can be confusing, but are you sure they aren't upside down?
Sorry I missed your question. I bolted them to the seat this way:

This was the only thing I found that I could refer to for the correct way to mount them.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Launching!

alright... thats not gonna fit to the stock location... on either side.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by angrychicken
alright... thats not gonna fit to the stock location... on either side.
That's why he has the Arizen brackets that bolt to those sliders and THEN bolt to our floors...
Old 02-07-2007, 04:35 AM
Banned

So word of advice, MRC seats don't all bolt up to their sliders perfectly. Also Arizen seat brackets don't all fit perfectly to the MRC sliders. They need a small amount of grinding. Be patient too, don't be an idiot like I did and force anything to fit...
My universal sliders from Mad Racing were identical to the ones that toofazt got from Arizen...

It's hard to see under his home made brackets (and they whole thing has been spray painted flat black in this pic) but here's pic where you can see they are the same:

Here's the post it is from:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....8&postcount=69

I think there is a couple of issues here... One your sliders sound like they were sitting somewhere for awhile and got froze up and Two Arizen has had problems with their adapter brackets (according to KANDY SS) and are revising them...

Oh well, hopefully you'll get those bad boys in soon !
Old 02-07-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Most likely by tonight. Just need to do another mm of grinding, bolt the brackets up, and then bolt the seat in my car in 15 degree weather.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Junkie

I just took my Camaro for a spin with the Mad Racing seat Arizen look-alike. The MRC seats are comin back out, and the stockers are goin back in!

Here's what I like about the MRC seats:
-The leather is a pretty good quality
-The seats look really nice

Here's what I don't like about the MRC seats:
-Worst feature, lack of shoulder support, so much that I feel unsafe
-Uncomfortable seat to sit in
-Seat sits way to high and theres no way I'll get my head with helmet to clear the roof panels
-Back adjustment is akward to use

If you do any type of roadracing or autox, DO NOT get these seats. I refuse to even put racing harnesses in these things. I feel like I'm standing up with no belt on in the front car of the Superman ride at six flags. They are very uncomfortable in my opinion, though comfort isn't a huge deal to me. I'll never fit my helmet in my car when im racing. And if I do, I'm basically leaning on my flip visor. I am also so high that I'm looking out windshield almost through the top tint strip. I won't even re install these without the spacers. Seats are coming out!

Quite a different opinion from the rest of you guys huh oh well, I always learn from my mistakes, and I make a ton of them
Old 02-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Banned

I just took my Camaro for a spin with the Mad Racing seat Arizen look-alike. The MRC seats are comin back out, and the stockers are goin back in!

Here's what I like about the MRC seats:
-The leather is a pretty good quality
-The seats look really nice

Here's what I don't like about the MRC seats:
-Worst feature, lack of shoulder support, so much that I feel unsafe
-Uncomfortable seat to sit in
-Seat sits way to high and theres no way I'll get my head with helmet to clear the roof panels
-Back adjustment is akward to use

If you do any type of roadracing or autox, DO NOT get these seats. I refuse to even put racing harnesses in these things. I feel like I'm standing up with no belt on in the front car of the Superman ride at six flags. They are very uncomfortable in my opinion, though comfort isn't a huge deal to me. I'll never fit my helmet in my car when im racing. And if I do, I'm basically leaning on my flip visor. I am also so high that I'm looking out windshield almost through the top tint strip. I won't even re install these without the spacers. Seats are coming out!

Quite a different opinion from the rest of you guys huh oh well, I always learn from my mistakes, and I make a ton of them
Take some pics first at least... Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience
Old 02-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Restricted User - Non Spon Soliciting

you must be pretty tall...then again, I'm only 5'6-5'7. Well, I have the arizens and they are very comfortable and a HUGE improvement over stock. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with your seats.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Launching!

I'm 6'1. I got rid of the power seating arrangement that I had and use the universal sliders to lower it for me.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Banned

I'm 6'1. I got rid of the power seating arrangement that I had and use the universal sliders to lower it for me.
How did you end up attaching the universal sliders to the floor of the car? I'm very interested...
Old 02-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Launching!

I borrowed the idea from you. I just used those metal brackets that we had to buy. just the way we used them for the stock seats I used them as mounting plates.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Banned

I borrowed the idea from you. I just used those metal brackets that we had to buy. just the way we used them for the stock seats I used them as mounting plates.

Hmmm... any pics? I'm sure you're saying you did that for the driver side but not the passenger side (since the floor is so uneven) correct? Lower would be better
Old 02-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Yes sir. I only lowered the driver seat. the only people that ride with me are shorter so I gave them a booster seat. Now they will be seeing out the window the same hight I do.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Junkie

That's cool that you guys got it all working out well. Yes I am 5'11. I am just picky about my seat position due to autoxing. I need to have the perfect angle and height and seat position, closeness to the pedals, shoulder support. The shoulder support on the MRC seats would render my feel for control almost useless since my upper body will go in the opposite direction of where I turn the wheel.

So yeah, I have a set of brand new black leather MRC seats with the Arizen brackets for sale now One of the seats had the rail and bracket ground slightly to fit. The other seat I had stripped the bolt hole on the seat. The driver's seat will probably have about a weeks worth of driving in it. I'll put the stockers back in this weekend. I'll post these for a good deal.

I'll probably start sitting in different people's aftermarket seats and think more about getting a solid back because I never recline my seat very far back. I usually have my seat upright at a "white-boy" angle
Old 02-08-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's great work guys. I'm loving those seats! Especially the two-tone ones

Quick Reply: MAD Racing and Arizen Racing seats