Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Exterior....
Leave as is
28.74%
delete all red
52.87%
leave some red, delete some (state what in thread)
18.39%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Would this be a no-no?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZaneO
The true fire and headrests look fine. I think the exterior would be "cleaner" without the red accents.
agreed
Old 08-03-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Change all the red to black chrome.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ditch all of the red on the exterior. The red under the hood is just the right touch along with the red bird on the headrest. All black with chrome wheels is absolutely killer.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by zroc86
I say leave the door and the hood red, but not the headlight or the nose bird if you want to delete some of it.

I would remove the front bird and the headlight, but paint the calipers red. Looks great though .
Old 08-03-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

lose all exterior red and paint just the calipers

very subtle until you pop the hood and then BAM!!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:32 PM
12 Second Club

I dont like the red on the outside.. looks really cluttered.. but everythign else is sweet as *****!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea, take all the emblems off...cars look stupid that have emblems on them. what are companies thinking putting emblems and moldings on the cars? what morons. i mean, take everything off and no one will no its a trans am, give it that nice "sleeper" look, cause im sure ur exhaust and such doesn't give it away that its a sleeper... (all sarcasm)

keep everything the way it is, car looks awesome. im sick of everyone wanting to rip everything off the car, emblems, the hood, rims, doors, windshield..the emblems and decals give your car character and make it stand out from every black car, and any other colored car on the road. if everyone took everything off their car, everything would look the same...i love your car with the red...
Old 08-04-2006, 10:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I just don't care for the red on the exterior. Can't comment on the interior since I don't know what you have done to it.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

well what im really asking... would it be a specific car DONT to have black everywhere with red accents on interior and engine bay but not have any red on exterior? catch my drift? Just curious if you guys think the exterior will be missing something if i take the red off as red will be everywhere else....

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 08-04-2006, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

i think the red sets it off, looks very good
Old 08-05-2006, 02:49 AM
On The Tree

Your car looks amazing and you've done a great job putting it together, but I think that it would look a lot straighter with shaved emblems and no exterior. I think the headrests are the perfect accent on your car.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:26 AM
Staging Lane

You got yourself another "no red" on the exterior.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Superman09
well what im really asking... would it be a specific car DONT to have black everywhere with red accents on interior and engine bay but not have any red on exterior? catch my drift? Just curious if you guys think the exterior will be missing something if i take the red off as red will be everywhere else....
I think you should delete all red on the exterior and leave the interior and engine bay as is. Think of it this way, as I paraphrase Chip Foose, your car is like one of those little, black velvet diamond ring boxes. When you open the top (your hood) you want to see this sparkling jewel. Have you ever seen one of those boxes with bright red decals on the outside?
Old 08-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by AnimalSS
I think you should delete all red on the exterior and leave the interior and engine bay as is. Think of it this way, as I paraphrase Chip Foose, your car is like one of those little, black velvet diamond ring boxes. When you open the top (your hood) you want to see this sparkling jewel. Have you ever seen one of those boxes with bright red decals on the outside?
Chip who??? Just kidding. That statement isnt entirely fair, as most of Chips designs have an accent color of some type on the car. (i.e., a pinstripe, a painted decal/logo, two-tone paint,etc. and the FOOSE sticker that is put on most cars somewhere usually doesnt match the car color.)

I think a little well placed color accent is better than none on a black car. It just needs broken up some. JMO.

But definatley dont change the interior or engine bay.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm all for getting rid of red. The red accents on the exterior cheapen the look of your car.

The red under your hood however, looks awesome. Get rid of the outside red for now, until you can afford to do true flames in red on the hood just like under the hood.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
most of Chips designs have an accent color of some type on the car. (i.e., a pinstripe, a painted decal/logo, two-tone paint,etc. and the FOOSE sticker that is put on most cars somewhere usually doesnt match the car color.)
That's true. But, I was repeating something that Foose had said in order to answer Superman09's original question.
Originally Posted by Superman09
What's going on in the engine bay doesn't, necessarily, have to be represented on the car's exterior. So, the answer to whether the car will be missing something if there is no red on the exterior is "No."
Old 08-05-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

u should do black emblems, that would look bad ***
Old 08-05-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

i like the red also. looks real good
Old 08-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by AnimalSS
That's true. But, I was repeating something that Foose had said in order to answer Superman09's original question.
Yeah, I see what you mean.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

ok good stuff guys. No way am i going to change the engine bay or INT, i love it... jsut unsure about the exterior right now and will probably change it up a bit soon. Im thinking either using some reflective black stuff or leave just a little red right now and ditch some.

Opinions..... using overlays/ stripes/ whatever to my exterior... or even debadging everything... voice your opinion about what you think would make my car look the best exterior wise without getting out of line with the theme on the rest of the car (as in putting yellow decals or something that would totally look out of place).

Thanks!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed

Quick Reply: Would this be a no-no?