Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

meguires nxt insane tire shine RULES!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
it all slings... the insane shine does sling the least of anything i've tried so far though.
apply it .. let it sit for several hours, then go back and blot it with a clean rag/cloth (not a good MF, though).

that will stop it from slinging.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Resident

I use Gold Class tire gel..no fuss no mess and it works great with Eagle One's tire applicators. Slinging onto the body is simply the person using too much product. For large side wall tires I prefer using the aerosol Hotshine.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1MONSTER
Slinging onto the body is simply the person using too much product.
I would think so, my NXT stays put.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Banned

I hate aerosols. Everytime you go to spray your wheels you end up with overspray all over your paint and then you have to go over THAT again. I can stand 15 feet away from it and it STILL drifts over to the car and sticks everywhere. And don't even tell me you can just "wipe it off and it will be fine". That **** streaks worse than Armor all on your front windshield.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackZCamaro
I hate aerosols. Everytime you go to spray your wheels you end up with overspray all over your paint and then you have to go over THAT again. I can stand 15 feet away from it and it STILL drifts over to the car and sticks everywhere. And don't even tell me you can just "wipe it off and it will be fine". That **** streaks worse than Armor all on your front windshield.
It is tough to get off, but if you pull the car into the garage you won't have the problem in the first place. Even with a 1mph wind, the stuff will blow around.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackZCamaro

I feel your pain..I wear glasses and that **** gets on there too!.. I wouldn't bother to use aerosol tire spray on low profile tires. There should be a warning on those cans..LARGE SIDEWALL TIRES ONLY OR ELSE!
Old 08-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

We get 10 gallon drums of meguiars tire shine at our shop. Its a blue color. Not sure exactly what its called but works awesome. Our tool for tires works incredible. I had to buy a few just for myself and customers they work so good.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
I just use the Black Magic gel. It takes longer but it also lasts longer than a spray. I'd just rather spend a bit more time on things and have to do them less frequently. I might try it out though just for giggles.
Uhh, not so much. I used to use that crap until it started turning my tires brown. You have to be very careful with what you use on your tires, because anything containing silicon with brown/yellow your tires with the quickness.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bullitz400
We get 10 gallon drums of meguiars tire shine at our shop. Its a blue color. Not sure exactly what its called but works awesome. Our tool for tires works incredible. I had to buy a few just for myself and customers they work so good.
probably Meg's Hyper Dressing .. it's good stuff
Old 08-16-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just finished up a can of Armorall Aerosol spray that I wasn't too impressed with, so I think maybe I'll have to try this stuff out.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have been using the high gloss endurance by meguiars on all my vehicles. On the camaro the tires are older and for some reason no matter how much I buff the tires out the stuff gets on the paint. Works great on other vehicles.

Quick Reply: meguires nxt insane tire shine RULES!!!!!