Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

VFN Test Fit 93-97 Sunoco *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not to hijack the thread but a question to the original poster. you seem to be veryhappy with your hood. im looking at getting the WS6 hood from VFN, how do you think the fit/quality is compared to their competitors? You speak highly of them and brag about a nice fit and finish

Hood looks ******* awesome too :thumbs up:
Old 08-19-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Veteran

fixing it right now
Old 08-19-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tainted
not to hijack the thread but a question to the original poster. you seem to be veryhappy with your hood. im looking at getting the WS6 hood from VFN, how do you think the fit/quality is compared to their competitors? You speak highly of them and brag about a nice fit and finish

Hood looks ******* awesome too :thumbs up:
thanks! and we actually test fitted their ws9 outlaw hood, which was in my photo album about 10 minutes ago but got erased for some reason. anyways, that hood fit very well and looked amazing. VFN is a company that wants their products to reflect their level of workmanship. Basically they arent putting out a product that they wouldnt use on their own cars. They strive for the best fit, finish and quality. If your looking for a ws6 hood, look no further than VFN.

P.S, they are the only company to make an aftermarket ws6 hood, with the lines around the front of the actual ram air ducts. They are the only company to pay attention to detail, which we as f-body enthusiasts are definatly allways looking for. So if you want the most accurate ws6 repro, that NO-ONE can tell is aftermarket, go VFN.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by thesoundandthefury
Which of these two pictures does this look more like?:

This?

Or this?

#2 FTW

IMO, those concept sketches should have never been made public.

Thanks for giving us a preview Phantomzer0.
i was actually revewing the original post made by jeanie, and the original image they show does have lines in it, but the lines dont seem to be the lines that are on 98+ cars like shown in your photoshopped image. i think the lines in her picture are actually paint lines, like from the jelcoat or some kinda sprayaed on material, be it paint or something. so what they showed us originally was an accurate representation of whats on the car now. In fact, they said they only made ONE hood so far, and my hood, the one on my car, is the hood shown in that picture.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
thanks! and we actually test fitted their ws9 outlaw hood, which was in my photo album about 10 minutes ago but got erased for some reason. anyways, that hood fit very well and looked amazing. VFN is a company that wants their products to reflect their level of workmanship. Basically they arent putting out a product that they wouldnt use on their own cars. They strive for the best fit, finish and quality. If your looking for a ws6 hood, look no further than VFN.

P.S, they are the only company to make an aftermarket ws6 hood, with the lines around the front of the actual ram air ducts. They are the only company to pay attention to detail, which we as f-body enthusiasts are definatly allways looking for. So if you want the most accurate ws6 repro, that NO-ONE can tell is aftermarket, go VFN.
wow awesome thanks. i jsut saw all the other companies wanting 600+ for a hood and i was like ooo dear god nooo. then i saw vfn for like 500 bucks and thought humm thats not bad but hows the quality and such.

I think me and you might become good friends on here
Old 08-19-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Veteran

wow awesome thanks. i jsut saw all the other companies wanting 600+ for a hood and i was like ooo dear god nooo. then i saw vfn for like 500 bucks and thought humm thats not bad but hows the quality and such.

I think me and you might become good friends on here
yeah dude trust me, vfn for sure. there is a post somewhere on here copmparing all the ws6 hoods that all the companies make, and for price, detail, fit, finish all that stuff, VFN blows away the competition.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not my cup of tea but looks nice.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

thank god. my little trans am needs a new hood (check cardomain you'll see why lol) and that stock flat hood just isnt me at all. its got a dent all in the crease anyways so I figured ****. if im gonna fork out big bucks for a hood i want the WS6 style
Old 08-19-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

thank god. my little trans am needs a new hood (check cardomain you'll see why lol) and that stock flat hood just isnt me at all. its got a dent all in the crease anyways so I figured ****. if im gonna fork out big bucks for a hood i want the WS6 style
As long as its LT1 WS6 style
Old 08-19-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
As long as its LT1 WS6 style
i believe he has an ls1 according to his signature....
Old 08-19-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

You're right, I was looking at his 96.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

ya wanna buy my camaro lol? for sale 4k slvg title. runs strong gotta fix the back brakes and a mystery rattle and were even putting some new plugs in it
Old 08-19-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
i was actually revewing the original post made by jeanie, and the original image they show does have lines in it, but the lines dont seem to be the lines that are on 98+ cars like shown in your photoshopped image. i think the lines in her picture are actually paint lines, like from the jelcoat or some kinda sprayaed on material, be it paint or something. so what they showed us originally was an accurate representation of whats on the car now. In fact, they said they only made ONE hood so far, and my hood, the one on my car, is the hood shown in that picture.
I wasn't implying that the LT1 version would have identical lines to the LS1, but the fact that there are other lines on the hood in the concept photos gave me the impression that the finished LT1 version was going to have something more than what we're seeing.

As far as the paint lines go: the concept pics were computer rendered drawings. The hood looks that way in those pics because somebody purposefully MADE it look that way, not because of some trick with lighting or a faulty camera or an unfinished gelcoat. In this business, first impressions are everything. You can't put details in the concept photos that don't show up in the finished product and not expect people to ask questions.

One thing I'll have to say that the hood does have going for it is how well the hood scoop blends in with the curvature of the front bumper when viewing it from a side profile. I'll have to say that it blends good enough that if GM had made 93-97's with a cowl hood option, they couldn't have done a better job themselves.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Veteran

I wasn't implying that the LT1 version would have identical lines to the LS1, but the fact that there are other lines on the hood in the concept photos gave me the impression that the finished LT1 version was going to have something more than what we're seeing.

As far as the paint lines go: the concept pics were computer rendered drawings. The hood looks that way in those pics because somebody purposefully MADE it look that way, not because of some trick with lighting or a faulty camera or an unfinished gelcoat. In this business, first impressions are everything. You can't put details in the concept photos that don't show up in the finished product and not expect people to ask questions.

One thing I'll have to say that the hood does have going for it is how well the hood scoop blends in with the curvature of the front bumper when viewing it from a side profile. I'll have to say that it blends good enough that if GM had made 93-97's with a cowl hood option, they couldn't have done a better job themselves.
I don't know what drawings your speaking of. The pictures I quoted, specifically the one that was released as a pre-test fit picture, was a picture of the hood that is now on my car. The hood was cropped and then posted. There is no digital rendering whatsoever on that picture. As far as first impressions go, the pictures I've linked to should be the ones you base your judgements off of. I guess I feel like your jumping to conclusions on the hood before you even really gave it a chance.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IAs far as the paint lines go: the concept pics were computer rendered drawings. The hood looks that way in those pics because somebody purposefully MADE it look that way, not because of some trick with lighting or a faulty camera or an unfinished gelcoat. In this business, first impressions are everything. You can't put details in the concept photos that don't show up in the finished product and not expect people to ask questions.
Dude, what are you talking about??? Where in the world did you get that they were "computer rendered drawings"?!?!

Here's the EXACT quote fromt the EXACT post those pictures came from:

Originally Posted by vfntech
We are almost done with the mold, here are some pictures of the hood in Primer and it is the wider design, with the smooth cowl. please let us know what you think, we may post more pictures tommorow from the front
and here's the pics that were posted within it:

And you are the one who posted the first photoshopped pic (using an LS1 hood I might add, not the images they posted), it wasn't even VFN

The pic you posted using the LS1 style Sunoco hood:

and a photoshop of the pics of the actual hood in primer VFN posted:

Which looks a lot more like the finished product than the original pics they posted looked like your photoshop... Finished product again:

I think you were (for some odd reason) expecting their finished product to look like the photoshop pic (with the LS1 hood on the LT1) that YOU posted instead of looking like the original pics VFN posted...
Old 08-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Banned

Is there anyway you could post a pic with the billet grill off? That way we could get a better look at the way it goes with the sharp lines of the bumper... If not that's cool, thanks!
Old 08-19-2006, 11:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Is there anyway you could post a pic with the billet grill off? That way we could get a better look at the way it goes with the sharp lines of the bumper... If not that's cool, thanks!
Dude, I'd love to, but I don't really want to take the grill off and put it back on. Maybe I'll photoshop it tomarrow for ya.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
I think you were (for some odd reason) expecting their finished product to look like the photoshop pic (with the LS1 hood on the LT1) that YOU posted instead of looking like the original pics VFN posted...
What part of this statement:
I wasn't implying that the LT1 version would have identical lines to the LS1
...don't you understand?

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine. I'm not hating this hood but I'm not busting a nut over it either.

All I'm saying about the concept pics is that it appeared that there were more lines incorporated into it than the finished product actually had. That's IT .

Okay?
Old 08-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Staging Lane

IMO that hood looks 54359042306 times better on an LT1 camaro than an LS1. Looks absolutely awesome!
Old 08-20-2006, 02:18 AM
Banned

What part of this statement:

...don't you understand?

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine. I'm not hating this hood but I'm not busting a nut over it either.

All I'm saying about the concept pics is that it appeared that there were more lines incorporated into it than the finished product actually had. That's IT .

Okay?
Love it or hate it I could care less...

I was just confused as to what you were trying to say and where in the world the assumptions were coming from...

Especially the "computer rendered drawings" part... which led to you saying the company shouldn't have released early renderings that it didn't look anything like when they were pictures of the one and only actual hood...

Quick Reply: VFN Test Fit 93-97 Sunoco *PICS*