Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Frame Damage

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do bodywork for a living, I know how those "never be the same storys" are started. Like stated earlier, its hard to find good techs that take pride in there work. I have seen people put body filler on the frame rails to hide buckles when the rail needed to be replaced. I have seen several techs heat the rails to a red hot glow to get them back where they need to be. when a rail is heated there are very strict heat ranges and guidlines to follow, if its red hot its trashed and should be replaced. Both of the examples I just listed will alter the collapse zones and completely change the rate the air bags will deploy ect. The rail will buckle twice as easy where it has allready been buckled or several times easier if its been overheated. You could be mutch deeper into the collision before the air bag deploys, your head might be through the windsheild before the air bag goes off. when the car is done jack it up and look down each rail for any sign of buckles, make sure the proper corrosion protection has been applied where the frame has been repaired ect.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Frame Damage