Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

tint question???

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 01:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tint question???

I have searched around and have not found anything of use, and am wondering if i could use the VHT night shades on my rear window(only reaons is because several tinters have failed to do it right) but i am worried about the VHT not coming out evenly and i dont want to have say a dark spot and then a light spot. i am not against having the window retinted, i would rather have it re done so if anyone has a shop that does quality work in the Orange County, Ca area let me know please

just exploring other opitions- all opinions welcome

Thanks in advance

happy labor day weekend!
Old 09-03-2006, 02:29 AM
Staging Lane

having had experience with VHT in blacking out my tails/corner lenses, I would strongly suggest that you have your rear hatch professionally tinted. What problems have you had with your current tint? I know with mine, the tinter had issues with dealing with the so called "matrix" dots/bubbles on the upper edge of the hatch.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Go have it done professionally , I drove almost 50 miles to have mine done but it was worth it , if something is gonna get done do it right.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:38 AM
On The Tree

i dont any one that has used that spray, but i would think that you would come out with dark spots.

i would just find a good tintist.

my T/A that i bought has the rear and sides tinted, but there kind of fading plus the heat shoots straight through the tint, so im going to remove it and have them retinted. i had my entire front windshield tinted 50% (no its not dangerous, ihave it done on all my cars) and it blocks the heat better than the sides and rear which are 35% and 5%. so i would serch for a good quality tint (the brand for my windshield tint is johnson's tint). try WTS whitter tint shop in whitter,ca