Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics of Blue LED lighted interior

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah i forgot to take a pic lol just got back in i'll try in the morning!!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did the link for the led calculator get removed...along with all the other links for led calculators on the site. The links for the calculators are not sites that are selling anything (to my knowledge) but are there for the people who don't have an engineering degree in electronics and need a calc (like me) to figure up what they need to mod there car. I thought ls1tech was for help with tech issues. I would rather use the led calculators that are posted on this site rather than search it on google because I know that the guys on here have used them and trust them more than I do google. That's just my rant but I think things should be looked at closer before links start getting ripped out. If I post a link to an informational site about a certain breed of dogs is it going to be removed because it is a non-sponsor?

Oh well,
Joshua
Old 09-12-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joshua32
Why did the link for the led calculator get removed...along with all the other links for led calculators on the site. The links for the calculators are not sites that are selling anything (to my knowledge) but are there for the people who don't have an engineering degree in electronics and need a calc (like me) to figure up what they need to mod there car. I thought ls1tech was for help with tech issues. I would rather use the led calculators that are posted on this site rather than search it on google because I know that the guys on here have used them and trust them more than I do google. That's just my rant but I think things should be looked at closer before links start getting ripped out. If I post a link to an informational site about a certain breed of dogs is it going to be removed because it is a non-sponsor?

Oh well,
Joshua
Yet they allow ebay links, and many of those are actually companies that sell **** on Ebay.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Exactly, I am not trying to start **** but where do you draw the line. I remember a couple of months ago a guy repeatedly selling powdercoated parts in the for sale section, one in each thread and had 5-10 threads, one after the other. I never saw if anything happened but he did it for a while. How can this happen but something that can actually help us be removed. Sounds like someone got linkremovinghappy when they became a mod.

Joshua
Old 09-12-2006, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

looks awesome. Im thinking about doing that myself
Old 09-13-2006, 12:38 AM
Teching In

how many hp does the fast and furious LED setup add?
Old 09-13-2006, 05:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Genius, pure genius
Old 09-13-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah I just noticed the link I put up got removed, I didnt think they were selling anything, if they were, my mistake. I just thought it was safe to help some guys who wanted to calculate what kind of resistors they would need.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

That is exactly what I was thinking, but I don't know. Maybe one of the moderators can shed some light on the situation.

Joshua

Last edited by joshua32; 09-13-2006 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joshua32
Sounds like someone got linkremovinghappy when they became a mod.

Joshua
Yeah, I guess you figured it out...I get my jollies from removing links.

The rules are the rules, whether you like it or not. When the other mods or I see something that we feel doesn't follow the rules, it gets removed. Period.

Oh yeah, in case you haven't noticed...any by your posts, I'd say you haven't...the rules say no links to non-sponsor sites...they don't say you can't talk about other sites...in fact, when I edit posts, I leave enough information to allow you to figure out the target of the link.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i think that rule needs to be alil more flexible, some other people are missing out in some great knowledge in my opinion.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Like I said, you can still talk about the sites...you just can't post a direct link.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LawmanSS
Yeah, I guess you figured it out...I get my jollies from removing links.

The rules are the rules, whether you like it or not. When the other mods or I see something that we feel doesn't follow the rules, it gets removed. Period.

Oh yeah, in case you haven't noticed...any by your posts, I'd say you haven't...the rules say no links to non-sponsor sites...they don't say you can't talk about other sites...in fact, when I edit posts, I leave enough information to allow you to figure out the target of the link.
I guess I hit a sore spot but that wasn't my intention. My post count does not determine whether or not I have read anything. Never did I say that "LawmanSS" got linkremovinghappy when he became a mod. Check the post and you know who I was referring to, and for the record, I don't have anything against that particular mod or think he gets his jollies from doing so. I just don't understand why rules are not consistant across the site. It has been mentioned before that eBay links are left up but the informational ones that we use are removed.

I have seen links removed before, direct links, but the address still left there so that you can copy and paste on your own. I assume that was you that edited those posts or that you do something similar, which is good in my opinion. I just think that it could have been done like this instead of the *non-sponsor link removed*. I should have also saved to my favorites also. Sorry for the disturbance, just decided to share some thoughts. I will try to work on my post count...I admit I haven't posted much in a while but I do read alot of them when I have time.

Thanks,
Joshua
Old 09-14-2006, 12:35 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS FUN
how many hp does the fast and furious LED setup add?

about 45 1/2
Old 09-14-2006, 02:12 AM
Import Patrol

Originally Posted by Z28-CTYHNTR
Heres mine.

DAMN!!! That is one of the cleanest looking interior shots I have ever seen!
Old 09-14-2006, 06:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SpaZMaN
about 45 1/2
Well its decided then , if it gives you that much im all over it.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LawmanSS
Like I said, you can still talk about the sites...you just can't post a direct link.
I've been watching this post and thinking. We can't post a link to any non-vendor website ? Hmmm, I see that all the time...

Why is there nothing HERE about not posting any non-vendor sites ? Why is it not enforced consistently ? Where are the rules posted you mentioned ? I can't find them.

It's a calculator, it's not stealing any business from the vendors here. I just don't see the reasoning, unless it's just blindly forbidding posting any website that's not a paying vendor regardless of tech content, which sounds pretty misguided. I am thinking the owners here are smarter than that and this is a result of a well-intentioned moderator misinterpreting the rule. This IS a tech site for learning, right ?

What about the HP calculators, gear/shift point calculators, IFR calculators and tuning spreadsheets, etc ? According to what I'm seeing here, none of them should be allowed to be posted. What about webshots, cardomain, imageshack - all of those types of sites aren't paying vendors and even have links to competing vendors that aren't paying a dime to LS1tech. Please clarify for us, I'd really like to know what the real rules are.

Perhaps LEDGAUGES.COM the vendor here should put up their own calculator so the populace isn't deprived of the tech content and can figure out how to wire/use their products...

JMHO,
Rob (Bad30th)
Old 09-14-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Junkie

I'll address some more comments, then we should stop the aside and let this thread get back on track.

As for the rules and clarification...I agree...there needs to be a posted clarification of the rules. The way it has been explained to me in the private admin/mod forum: No non-sponsor links of any kind. There has been a misconception about links to sites selling stuff that's not available from our sponsors...they are not allowed, either. This came directly from Nineball.

As for consistency of rule enforcement across the entire site...I can't comment on any other sections but this one as it's the only one I have permission/access to moderate. I try to be as consistent as possible with my moderation actions.

As for striking a nerve...yes, it did. This topic comes up repeatedly...some folks seem to take editing of their posts personally...most users understand that non-sponsor links aren't allowed, but some insist on repeatedly posting them...and then taking issue when they're edited.

...now, back to the thread.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to be beating a dead horse but could we have consistency here with leaving the address but taking the direct link away for instance, wwwls1techcom instead of ls1tech...

It is easy to see how a person can take it personally when a post is edited and it only says "non-sponsor link removed" It is almost a slap in the face. Instead they could removed the direct link, leave the address and add in the comments that the direct link was removed due to site rules.

And it would be great if we had a thread on the site rules, then you would have a better chance of everyone being on the same page.

Thanks for your help LawmanSS and I apologize for the striking of the nerve.

Thanks,
Joshua
Old 09-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bad30th
I've been watching this post and thinking. We can't post a link to any non-vendor website ? Hmmm, I see that all the time...

Why is there nothing HERE about not posting any non-vendor sites ? Why is it not enforced consistently ? Where are the rules posted you mentioned ? I can't find them.

It's a calculator, it's not stealing any business from the vendors here. I just don't see the reasoning, unless it's just blindly forbidding posting any website that's not a paying vendor regardless of tech content, which sounds pretty misguided. I am thinking the owners here are smarter than that and this is a result of a well-intentioned moderator misinterpreting the rule. This IS a tech site for learning, right ?

What about the HP calculators, gear/shift point calculators, IFR calculators and tuning spreadsheets, etc ? According to what I'm seeing here, none of them should be allowed to be posted. What about webshots, cardomain, imageshack - all of those types of sites aren't paying vendors and even have links to competing vendors that aren't paying a dime to LS1tech. Please clarify for us, I'd really like to know what the real rules are.

Perhaps LEDGAUGES.COM the vendor here should put up their own calculator so the populace isn't deprived of the tech content and can figure out how to wire/use their products...

JMHO,
Rob (Bad30th)

I for one, could not agree with you more. Time after time (in all other sections, in countless threads) I see this rule, either overly enforced, or not enforced at all. We are all entitled to our own opinions, and mine is that the Calculator should have not been removed. Tech content, is tech content. I love nothing more than coming to this site, with problems, and or ambitions, and succeed with my mods, and or troubleshooting, due to the help of this great site, and its members.

Lawmanss is right, we should get back on track, sorry for the added rant, I just couldnt help it, because I see this crap going on all the time too, thats all.

Z28-ctyhntr, I am in love with your interior, is that just Map lights, and a rear hatch light that gives it that shining effect on the dash? Blue LEDs? are those the ones I can purchase at LEDGAUGES? That looks fantastic!

Quick Reply: Pics of Blue LED lighted interior