Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anyone had to have Navy Blue Metallic matched?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone had to have Navy Blue Metallic matched?

Just got hit last weekend, and my entire passenger side from the quarter panel to the front bumper will have to be repainted, as well as the hood and headlights. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience as far as dealer color matching...they said they use a computer to scan my car and match the color variance based off the color code. Also, they will be using Sikkens paint. I'm a little worried since Navy Blue Metallic seems to not be a solid color and changes to purple under certain lighting conditions. The rest of the paint on the car is perfect as it has been garage kept and waxed regularly, so I just want this new paint job to be as good as the factory.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say that if the shop uses sikkens then they know what they are doing and it should lok ok. Also if your car sat out all the time which it does not would make a difference for paint matching. If I were you I would paint the whole car and go with the good paint since basically half the car is getting painted.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

You will be OK, if the shop has any skill at all, they should be able to match the paint & blend the adjacent panel, if necessary..
Old 09-12-2006, 06:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 862 Likes on 658 Posts

NBM isn't as bad as you'd think. it's a 2 stage paint. It's the 3 stage paints that are difficult. I had a rear quarter done and it matched quite well.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
I would say that if the shop uses sikkens then they know what they are doing and it should lok ok. Also if your car sat out all the time which it does not would make a difference for paint matching. If I were you I would paint the whole car and go with the good paint since basically half the car is getting painted.
QFT just have them spray the whole thing, sounds like theyre already doing more than half of it.

Quick Reply: Anyone had to have Navy Blue Metallic matched?