Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anybody w/ VFN hood come in

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 02:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bird_Of_Prey

Prime quality example here. You can see where they molded over a stock hood and didn't remove the factory applied "RAM AIR" decal. Also notice that around the scoop, the blurring of the line. It should be very crisp.

This is how the hood sat "out of the box". Note the driver's side is about 1 inch higher than the passenger side.

Underhood shot to prove it's VFN.

Scrapes and gouges come free with every purchase.

Attacked with a hacksaw? This was the trailing/windsheild edge of my hood. You can see that it's cut long and poorly.

Perhaps I got a bad one. I'll never know. I had a heated PM exchange with VFN, ProStockJohn got involved, it's a mess. I'm not here to bash them. But you get what you pay for, and VFN's prices are cheap for a reason.
You are here to bash them by making the comments you just made. They are not cheaply produced and that's bullshit for you to even post that ******* **** on here. You said you got into a debate about what happened as to why the ram air lettering is on the hood, so why the hell are you bringing the subject back. I know why it's there you know why it's there. For everyone else it's on there for you to apply ram air decals in the OEM spot. You don't want to bash them, but you clearly are. Maybe you should re-evaluate your reply's....
Old 09-22-2006, 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
You are here to bash them by making the comments you just made. They are not cheaply produced and that's bullshit for you to even post that ******* **** on here. You said you got into a debate about what happened as to why the ram air lettering is on the hood, so why the hell are you bringing the subject back. I know why it's there you know why it's there. For everyone else it's on there for you to apply ram air decals in the OEM spot. You don't want to bash them, but you clearly are. Maybe you should re-evaluate your reply's....
I hope you're on their payroll. I don't need a lumpy spot to put stickers on right. We did my buddies typhoon in Marlboro graphics and only used measurements/pics. I've provided information, nothing more or less. Everyone shows 20 foot pics that make the hoods look fabulous. I thought I was getting a smoking deal when I paid for mine. I don't know what you consider bashing, but this isn't it. I said they have good customer service, you said you experianced that as well. You also experianced 3 hours of needed fitment by the company to make it right. While that is exemplary service, it's unnecessary due to the fact that the hood should be closer to right when you buy it.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Teching In

i have the bolt on 2in cowl hood from vfn and i thought it fit near perfect. i was satified with my purchase. it did take like 6 weeks to get it but well worth the wait.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love the way the VFN hoods look
Old 09-22-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All I'm goin to say, In my 3 different situations, I have had nothing but results from VFN. Fitment was bad ***. Quality and Worksmanship are beyond my expectaions. I am pleased I went with VFN and would not have thought twice about it. +3 for VFN.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:07 PM
JBM
TECH Enthusiast

My $.02: Because these hoods are hand finished and done one at a time as ordered, alot of variability will come in to play on the finished product. Not to bash, as I plan on using the hood, but I had a Maaco manager tell me that the $300 import hoods that customers send there look better than my hood did. Not my words. This is coming from a shop that paints the cheapest of the cheap, very cheaply. I guess my hood wasn't made on a Wednsday.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Teching In

I bought a Sunoco hood from them in the spring and the bodyshop screwed things up with me and Armando has been helping me all the way through it. The fitment for mine wasn't great but I think its issues with my car (other body panels, headlights, etc).

The back edge of my hood also isn't the cleanest but I think it could easily be cleaned up to a nice finished edge.

In other words, VFN is great and they have great customer service.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Teching In

i will be ordering my ws9 outlaw hood this week if all goes as planned. merry christmas to me! anyone have any problems with that specific one??? im kinda worried now that i hear the comments about the unfinished edges.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

Not knocking them but my VFN Ws6 hood did not line up proper and the hood had to be a little extended to actually fit in the stock location.

Quick Reply: Anybody w/ VFN hood come in