Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Whats up with my VFN WS9 hood?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 01:37 PM
rps
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats up with my VFN WS9 hood?

Installed my hood and noticed back edge of the cowl by windshield was not finished like other edges, looks like someone used a grinder to rough grind the radius and took too much off in the process, this has left my front gap HUGE. Has anyone found simular problems? I understand a certain amount of tuning is required but this looks like s#@t!
Old 09-28-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all, you need to contact VFN. Secondly, if you want us to give you a hand we'll need some pics. I've test fit quite a few hoods from them, as well as purchased one for my car, and they all fit extremely well. I'd definatly call them and let them take care of it before anything else. Hopefully everything will tunr out alright!
Old 09-28-2006, 02:15 PM
rps
Teching In

I wanted a little feed back before i contacted VFN, I have searched the forms for any info before this purchase, I guess if you want perfect stay with OEM.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rps
I wanted a little feed back before i contacted VFN, I have searched the forms for any info before this purchase, I guess if you want perfect stay with OEM.
I donno man, my hood fits perfect. That's why I said contact VFN. Their products are top notch and this has to be an isolated issue. The hood really needs some good adjusting, aside from a little here and a little there. You really can't slap it on and hope it looks good, not saying that's what you did. Really, call them and let them take care of you.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:34 PM
rps
Teching In

Will do thanks.

Quick Reply: Whats up with my VFN WS9 hood?